Low-Mid Pricers???????

Started by thewizz, January 13, 2013, 07:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewizz

I know about LeCras, Nicovski, Varcoe, Byrnes(?) etc, what other low-midpricers are people thinking about?

Also, which 2-4 year players does everyone think is ready to go bang??

Thanks

meow meow

Everyone will be back on the Koby bandwagon come round 1

thewizz

Quote from: meow meow on January 13, 2013, 07:05:45 PM
Was last year - will he get games at the Doggies?

Ziplock

haha, really rate koby so high m2?

meow meow

Quote from: thewizz on January 13, 2013, 07:08:14 PM

Without a doubt.

Quote from: Ziplock on January 13, 2013, 07:08:46 PM

I'm not sold on many of the mid rookies. Low JS for the lot of them. Koby is not a kid, and he's definitely in the best 22.

thewizz

Should add, I was thinking about Prestia and Caddy at the Cats

tbagrocks

Caddy, Swallow and Brodie Smith i'm looking at

Ziplock

Quote from: meow meow on January 13, 2013, 07:12:11 PM
Quote from: thewizz on January 13, 2013, 07:08:14 PM

Without a doubt.

Quote from: Ziplock on January 13, 2013, 07:08:46 PM

I'm not sold on many of the mid rookies. Low JS for the lot of them. Koby is not a kid, and he's definitely in the best 22.

really? the dogs have a stacked midfield though...

like boyd, cooney,  cross, griffen, libba, wallis, smith, lower

then draftees like hrovat, hunter, macrae, stringer

and you'd think players like higgins would be rotating through as well, dahlhause plays a bit of mid as well?

don't get me wrong, I definitely see him playing a lot, basically any injury, or resting and he'll be in, but is he really in the 22?

you're the dogs expert, I'm just curious to see how you think he'll fit in.

I mean, boyd will be playing pretty much every game, as will griffen,wallis and libba easily make the midfield as well, along with cross. Cooney might be played forward I guess to preserve him due to injury concerns? Koby's an inside mid though isn't he? doesn't that leave him contending with lower and maybe stringer at the very least? 

tbagrocks

With Boyd and Griff you would think Wallis would be left to do his thing, smokie?

youl_R_FCK

Every year I look at griffen. Could see him over taking Boyd

meow meow

Starting 22 IMO

B: Murphy, Roughead, Wood
HB: Morris, Markovic, Lower
C: Cooney, Boyd, Wallis
HF: Higgo, Williams, Dahlhaus
F: Gia, Ayce, Dickson
R: Will, Picken, Griffen
I: Libba, Cross, Stevens, Clay

E: Campbell, Grant, JJ, Addison

Stringer is being trained as a KPF. Jones, Ayce, Williams, Stringer, Campbell will rotate throughout the season, with only 3 at most of them playing at the same time. Williams can switch with Roughead if needed, or simply replace Marko down back if needed/want to bring in another KPF.

Murphy and Wood are locked in as small backs. Picken and even Cross can play at half back if needed. Lower is in no way locked in. Competing with Howard, JJ, Goodes, Addison and Jong.

Morris is best 22 if fit, if not then Talia comes in.

Hrovat is the most likely of the 1st year players to come in, but Stevens with 4 preseasons under his belt gets a gig ahead of him. Ahead of Clay too, since they're the same sort of player but Koby is bigger, stronger, older and can kick. Smith can play as a forward if Higgins, Dahl, Dickson or Gia get injured.

Gia won't be in the team by the end of the season. Grant, Addison, Macrae, Stringer are his competiton. Dickson is pretty much a lock.

I'm pretty confident about Stevens being in the best 22 this year.

I think Wallace will go BACKWARDS in 2013. He picked up the slack when Cross got injured, but Crossy will be back to reclaim some mid time. Libba missed a chunk of footy. Cooney was absent for a large patch. We've added midfield depth and this may limit Wallace's midfield opportunities this season. Last year he got more time in the middle than we would have liked. The load will be shared a lot more in 2013.

If Cooney is able to be managed properly and plays most games, he will be the one being tagged because he is still in the top 5 most damaging players in the league on his day. Griffen will relish the freedom that he hasn't had for the last 2 seasons. Griff has changed his style of play in the past 2 years and he now gets a lot more contested possessions, and more possessions in general even while being tagged. He's getting better. He'll overtake Boyd in 2013, and if Cooney cops the tag then Griff could easily end up being a top 8 midfielder.

Ziplock

kilbluff1985

my smokies are

Miles, Caddy, Moloney, Coniglio, C.Young, D.Swallow, Christensen, Hannebery, Howlett, Wallis, Zaharakis

all those guys i can see pushing the average up by 10-20+ ppg

sidvicious

Quote from: meow meow on January 13, 2013, 10:41:43 PM
Starting 22 IMO

B: Murphy, Roughead, Wood
HB: Morris, Markovic, Lower
C: Cooney, Boyd, Wallis
HF: Higgo, Williams, Dahlhaus
F: Gia, Ayce, Dickson
R: Will, Picken, Griffen
I: Libba, Cross, Stevens, Clay

E: Campbell, Grant, JJ, Addison

Stringer is being trained as a KPF. Jones, Ayce, Williams, Stringer, Campbell will rotate throughout the season, with only 3 at most of them playing at the same time. Williams can switch with Roughead if needed, or simply replace Marko down back if needed/want to bring in another KPF.

Murphy and Wood are locked in as small backs. Picken and even Cross can play at half back if needed. Lower is in no way locked in. Competing with Howard, JJ, Goodes, Addison and Jong.

Morris is best 22 if fit, if not then Talia comes in.

Hrovat is the most likely of the 1st year players to come in, but Stevens with 4 preseasons under his belt gets a gig ahead of him. Ahead of Clay too, since they're the same sort of player but Koby is bigger, stronger, older and can kick. Smith can play as a forward if Higgins, Dahl, Dickson or Gia get injured.

Gia won't be in the team by the end of the season. Grant, Addison, Macrae, Stringer are his competiton. Dickson is pretty much a lock.

I'm pretty confident about Stevens being in the best 22 this year.

I think Wallace will go BACKWARDS in 2013. He picked up the slack when Cross got injured, but Crossy will be back to reclaim some mid time. Libba missed a chunk of footy. Cooney was absent for a large patch. We've added midfield depth and this may limit Wallace's midfield opportunities this season. Last year he got more time in the middle than we would have liked. The load will be shared a lot more in 2013.

If Cooney is able to be managed properly and plays most games, he will be the one being tagged because he is still in the top 5 most damaging players in the league on his day. Griffen will relish the freedom that he hasn't had for the last 2 seasons. Griff has changed his style of play in the past 2 years and he now gets a lot more contested possessions, and more possessions in general even while being tagged. He's getting better. He'll overtake Boyd in 2013, and if Cooney cops the tag then Griff could easily end up being a top 8 midfielder.
Goodes and Jong can only play if elevated ????

kilbluff1985

correct sidvicious as they are both rookies