The All Rookie Midfield Strategy is Back. Will it work in 2013-Team Now UP

Started by bkp130, February 01, 2013, 03:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkp130

Well Last year i tried running an all rookie midfield and premiums elsewhere on the field to try and win my league. It didnt really work out as i only tried to do this the night before the season started. This season i am trying it again but have started planning now.

What are everyones thoughts on it? With the extra trades this year it should make it easier than last year. I am also planning on leaving myself a bit of extra cash to make the upgrades easier.

First Attempt at my Team is up with 700 K left over but im sure it will change a fair few times.

So what does everyone think? will it work?

B- Goddard, Shaw, Scotland, Hartlett, Bock, Plowman (Staker, Terlich)

M- Toumpas, Stevens, Wines, Goodes, Mitchell, Crouch, O'mera, Viney (Hill, Barry)

R- Ryder, Roughead (O'hAlpin, Grundy)

F- Cox, Pavlich, Bartel, Rioli, Rockliff, Breust (Byrnes, Maccafer)

Like I said first attempt and have 700 K left over but please any thought please

jfitty

I've been so tempted to do this the last few seasons, but always end up chickening out. I think you'd have to go Ablett (captain) and 7 rookies. This year you could almost do it I think. Depending on how the preseason shapes up, something like this could work:

Ablett, Whitfield, Toumpas, Stevens, Wines, Mayes, Lonergan, (Mitchell, O'Meara, Crouch, Viney, etc)

If you had the balls that could almost work!

shaker

I hope I have to play a team with a midfield like that in round 1

Ringo

Dangerous strategy each to his own though

Top Scoring Defender last year averaged 101, Top scoring Fwd Franklin) Averaged 115 then drops away.
Had 12 mids averaging more tan 115 last year,

Will be difficult to catch up all these points.

Jay

Cant see it working mate

But if you're doing it then Ablett is a must

kilbluff1985

think it could work well but who is Hill? would rather Jones

drop Byrnes to upgrade Bock

Waters is injured

if that's your final 6 forwards should have Buddy

you need 6 premo defenders for it to work spend the extra cash

bkp130

Hill as In Brad Hill From Hawthorn. I think he will get a bit of a run this season but i might trade him out before the season starts. Like i said this is my First Attempt.

Just Traded Waters for Scotland

I have Byrnes as Cover and as for upgrading Bock and getting the 6 Premium Defenders i want to keep the extra cash so i can do straight swaps in the midfield once the rookies price goes up

As for Buddy not sure he will start in that good form so i will see how he goes for the first few weeks of the season

MLS

What about a 2 premium midfield? (Ablett, Swan/Pendles)

At least you can take advantage of the captain loop-hole each week with a C and a VC

Samm79

Quote from: bkp130 on February 02, 2013, 04:26:46 PM
Hill as In Brad Hill From Hawthorn. I think he will get a bit of a run this season but i might trade him out before the season starts. Like i said this is my First Attempt.

Just Traded Waters for Scotland

I have Byrnes as Cover and as for upgrading Bock and getting the 6 Premium Defenders i want to keep the extra cash so i can do straight swaps in the midfield once the rookies price goes up

As for Buddy not sure he will start in that good form so i will see how he goes for the first few weeks of the season

I think Scotland is missing a couple for being a punchy douche, Gibbs is your man

SydneyRox

$700k seems to much to be left over. Agree with the others on Ablett firstly. Otherwise who is your captain? Goddard? Cox? Risky.

Gibbs in Scotland out. Swap roughy into fwds for rioli  and get a premium ruck.

Spinking

I tried something similar in 2012 with good results. Had only Swan in the mids and the rest were rookies. Finished top 500 and had one of the most expensive teams in the game.

Big change this year is the absence of new clubs with 10+ blokes making debuts and likely to hold their spots. You will need to get those rookies right, but I also agree with above about using your $700k to bring in a gun mid or two. The key to getting the strategy to work is building cash quickly and bringing in the premiums as fast as you can.

Good luck mate!