Redden or Murphy?

Started by GM, December 06, 2012, 09:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

im inclined to say redden at the moment actually, still not sold on murphy's ability to shake a tag

elephants

Hmmm this isn't easy.

I have both, but if I were to choose one I would be going Marc. He's in a better side and slightly more proven at this stage :)

Windigo

Well...Reddo has just turned 22. Which means he has so much up side.

He averaged 109 or so when he was just 21. Pretty damn good....

Football Factory

The_Captain

Considering Judd cops the number one tag. I think murphy should be fine and average more.

Justin Bieber

Might get both. 8 prem midfield?!!?

tbagrocks

I actually expect the tough Jack Redden to hit the limelight, I see him as a top 8 mid and will be starting with him. Brisbane should improve and with it will come more possessions for Redden, and tackles ;D

Windigo

What puzzles me is that no one wanted a bar of Redden last/start of this year even though he averaged more the previous year than this year.  :P

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 09, 2012, 08:04:19 PM
I actually expect the tough Jack Redden to hit the limelight, I see him as a top 8 mid and will be starting with him. Brisbane should improve and with it will come more possessions for Redden, and tackles ;D

That is easy to say because he has been  in the top 10 overall last two years.... ;)

DT Gun

Heres a trick question for the people.

Why would you pick Redden over Zorko?

Ziplock

Ajax22

Quote from: DT Gun on December 10, 2012, 12:19:35 AM
Heres a trick question for the people.

Why would you pick Redden over Zorko?

Personally because I try not to pick players the year after they've had a break out. Sure there's players like Beams that carry on with it but more often than not they seem to struggle a bit the following year. Whether that's because they play a different or more team orientated role, or just have other teams put more effort into analysing and stopping their game I'm not sure.

At this point Redden looks to have found his place in an improving team and is a good chance of being a top 8 mid at the end of year. Zorko's just too much of an unknown for me at this point

DT Gun

I dont think it can be a breakout year, he has been playing against hard bodies and averaging 25+ touches for years. Thats why everyone picked him up, because he would slot straight in easily and is a ball magnet.

I think he could average 100+ easily

stew42

...and he's M/F as well   :-\