Main Menu

Best 22 2013?

Started by aces-high, November 15, 2012, 03:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maca24

I like him at both ends.
I think structurally at this moment we do not have an actual gun forward. Ryder isn't really a permanent forward while Gumby isn't what you'd call gun. Crammers can't be the main man and Daniher needs time.
Essendon should either have traded for a stop gap FF or play Hurley forward and it seems they will do the latter.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Maca24 on November 19, 2012, 02:17:13 AM
I like him at both ends.
I think structurally at this moment we do not have an actual gun forward. Ryder isn't really a permanent forward while Gumby isn't what you'd call gun. Crammers can't be the main man and Daniher needs time.
Essendon should either have traded for a stop gap FF or play Hurley forward and it seems they will do the latter.

all our forwards are still pretty young mate give them a couple more years to develop if we can keep them all in 2-3 years we will have one of the best forward lines in the league

Maca24

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 19, 2012, 02:19:34 AM
I like him at both ends.

all our forwards are still pretty young mate give them a couple more years to develop if we can keep them all in 2-3 years we will have one of the best forward lines in the league
We have to give everyone time.  ::)
Maybe we don't have much time if we want a flag? GWS and GC will take over soon.

AFEV

Quote from: Maca24 on November 19, 2012, 04:11:05 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 19, 2012, 02:19:34 AM
I like him at both ends.

We have to give everyone time.  ::)
Maybe we don't have much time if we want a flag? GWS and GC will take over soon.
Yeah but a stop gap FF won't bring us a flag or make the rest of our team develop more quickly... :-\

kilbluff1985

more importantly Sid it's your turn in the phantom draft

theta

Anyone give Van Unen much chance to break into the side this year?  Which backline depth players are ahead of him?

Southstorm

If he breaks in, surely it would be at the expense of somebody else through injuries. It's going to be hard to get a spot on the field for Essendon in 2013 until the inevitable dreaded injury curse hits us again. Bad things always come in threes they say.

basil3134

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 16, 2012, 02:07:40 PM
Quote from: Sid on November 16, 2012, 02:02:09 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 15, 2012, 10:19:07 PM
We need Hardingham for his marks and spoils down back he plays a similar role to Gibson he will get better and better at it
We have Hurley/Hooker, Fletcher, Carlisle, Hibberd are all strong aerially...Not like we 'need' it.

I mean yes he has something to offer but I don't think he's a walk up. :-X

i would say Hardy is a walk up for sure always puts in the effort to come 3rd man in and spoil he wont get dropped at all in 2013 unless he gets injured

I agree about Hardy.