2013 Player Profile: Mitch Robinson

Started by elephants, September 11, 2012, 07:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heppell21

Locked in, just hope Mick doesn't put him as a tagger next year. Also has the getting suspended risk.

elephants

Quote from: Heppell21 on September 15, 2012, 01:20:10 AM
Locked in, just hope Mick doesn't put him as a tagger next year. Also has the getting suspended risk.

Typically Mick doesn't tag. Backs in the class of his own midfield. Hopefully that all happens again :D

Windigo

Won't start with him, like to sit back and see what eventuates in the first few games with Malthouse.

Adamant

Still a lock for me, hopefully he's going to be a unique!

Spinking

Like him at around $400k but not over. Will probably wait for his price to drop before getting on.

Scrads

Was one of my first picked last year, I just knew he was going to improve. Turns out his average stayed almost the same because of his injury so I am most definitely going to consider him again in 2013 (assuming M/F)

Shihan7

Quote from: Adamant on October 13, 2012, 09:52:12 PM
Still a lock for me, hopefully he's going to be a unique!
+1
The more unique, the better! ;D

essendon2

Quote from: luvfooty on September 11, 2012, 07:36:15 PM
Loved having him this year at least until the last few weeks.
But I cringe every time he goes near the ball he goes in so hard.I keep thinking he is going to knock himself out lol.
On my shortlist.
[/quote
+1million

Windigo

I've changed my mind on him, he is in my squad. Going with a plethora of dpp options up front.  8)

tbagrocks

Surely Mick will play him purely on ball and he won't be a dpp next year :-\

Has to be considered, to many of these pesky dpp's and I don't know who to leave out :-[

Football Factory

Carlton to play team-focused game under Mick Malthouse

CARLTON midfielder Mitch Robinson says the Blues will play a much more team-focused game under new coach Mick Malthouse.

The Blues started last year as one of the premiership favourites before crashing out of the top eight and sacking coach Brett Ratten.

Robinson said a two-week trip to Arizona late last year focused on team-bonding and learning Malthouse's system.

"There are definitely improvements we see in there," Robinson said.

"It is not so much an individual game any more, we are not going to be relying on the Chris Judds and Marc Murphys, it is going to be more a team structure, which is exciting.

"Those boys were pretty much doing all the grunt work and once the load is spread I think we will see a better result for the team.

"Last year we lost a few top players but coming into this year we've got a new coach and a new coaching staff, there is a lot of good vibe around the club.

"We wanted to finish top four last year and we'll see how we go this year."

Robinson, 22, now has 67 games under his belt and is aiming to spend more time in the midfield, but also in different roles as Malthouse seeks more flexibility.

"He (Malthouse) is definitely hard, down the line ... but he can also be understanding and he wants to get to know all the players first of all," Robinson said.

"When the games start you will be able to see the strict Mick, but everyone is getting along really well with him.

"He's probably one of the smartest coaches I've had."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/carlton-t-play-team-focused-game-under-mick-malthouse/story-e6frf9jf-1226548527049

Andrew

Upgrade target for me, but I think a good forward line may consist of one of Robinson or Daisy Thomas, and I don't have either at the moment. Just not sure on Robinson's role with Judd, Carrazzo, McLean & Murphy playing consistently. Throw in Kane Lucas emerging and surely Robinson will be posted up forward most the time..?

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Andrew on January 07, 2013, 07:09:15 PM
Upgrade target for me, but I think a good forward line may consist of one of Robinson or Daisy Thomas, and I don't have either at the moment. Just not sure on Robinson's role with Judd, Carrazzo, McLean & Murphy playing consistently. Throw in Kane Lucas emerging and surely Robinson will be posted up forward most the time..?

i think Malthouse will use him better then that