Main Menu

Anderson to quit

Started by Cicjose, December 05, 2012, 12:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

Yep, official.  Adrian Anderson has resigned from the AFL.

Grazz

Looking like the favourite for the Roo's CEO position.

tbagrocks

Pity the idiot Demetriou can't follow him!

Mailman the 2nd

Did I miss anything as to why he quit?

Grazz

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on December 05, 2012, 10:43:59 PM

Basically he said he'd been in the job 9 years and had done all he'd wanted to be able to do for the AFL and the comp.
He is now looking for a new direction and new challenges in his career and is unsure at this stage what that will be. My money is still on the Roo's CEO job.

quinny88

Quote from: Grazz on December 05, 2012, 10:49:47 PM

Basically he said he'd been in the job 9 years and had done all he'd wanted to be able to do for the AFL and the comp.
He is now looking for a new direction and new challenges in his career and is unsure at this stage what that will be. My money is still on the Roo's CEO job.

Like what.. help run the game into the ground and make knee jerk rule changes and blow up every non issue over the past 9 years..? Hmm yea I wont miss him

BB67th

He did make a couple of bad decisions, but he also did good ones, like putting in the MRP and the illicit drugs policy. Never a popular job, and people are always going to hate whoever goes into that position. The man did a decent job IMO.

j959

Quote from: quinny88 on December 06, 2012, 12:33:23 PM
Quote from: Grazz on December 05, 2012, 10:49:47 PM

Like what.. help run the game into the ground and make knee jerk rule changes and blow up every non issue over the past 9 years..? Hmm yea I wont miss him
+1

Quote from: BB67th on December 06, 2012, 03:40:47 PM
He did make a couple of bad decisions, but he also did good ones, like putting in the MRP and the illicit drugs policy. Never a popular job, and people are always going to hate whoever goes into that position. The man did a decent job IMO.
meh, i think his 'clangers' outweighed the good stuff ...  ;)

look, those good things are good (though some questions on the illicit drug policy = jury's still out) but my feel was he was a bit arrogant in his dealings with media/public/clubs/commentators, etc, etc and Demetriou is the same and that's why I don't like them both.   >:(    ;)

TeeJay

Quote from: BB67th on December 06, 2012, 03:40:47 PM

Are you talking about the mrp that is laughed at every week with the rubbish decisions they come up with?
& the illicit drugs policy that is flawed and players have been able to spend years on drugs and not get caught?
If they are his good points then he has SFA going for him. He is an arrogant tosser that has never picked up a football in his life and trys to make changes and be heard just so he can listen to the sound of his own voice and feel like he owns the game. See ya later anderson, take that fat greasy heap of crap in charge with you and dont let the door hit you on the way out

T Dog

The really tricky thing is to replace him without getting a Demetriou lap dog..... :'( :'(

McRooster

No wonder Caro has been pumping up Emma Quayle's tyres, she's actually brown nosing her future boss (Quayle) and listlessly asking us to believe the young journo has investigative talent. However with Caro's rumoured 'source' at AFL house now retiring (Anderson) she is treading water with her career. Without Anderson leaking to her, Caro's got nothin'.

Maybe the AFL's smoking gun could be on his way to the City of Churches for a six month holiday after pulling the Trigger on the Crows  ;)