2013 SC Changes - Bonus Finals Trades?

Started by ScottieD, July 31, 2012, 06:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottieD

There's been a few posts getting about wrt proposed changes to the 2013 SC system.  This is an idea I think should be considered.  What do you think?

Although this year is looking like we will be okay, due to the serious competition for spots in the top 2 / 4 & 8, typically the fantasy footy competitions are severely compromised by mass restings etc prior to AFL finals.  Often the league finals come down to luck due to this, and often the best teams are compromised more so due to the best players being rested.

The idea would be that all teams get a bonus 2 'use em or lose em' trades for each of the finals weeks, which can only be used in finals.

Often you need more than 2 trades to keep a full team in finals, so those that patiently hold onto trades would still have an advantage (just a little less of an advantage).

Spinking

Would be interesting, but I'm not a fan. Reason being that trades (and the ability to conserve them) is usually the difference between experienced fantasy coaches and the rest of the pack. I'm not in favour of making the game easier as it disadvantages those who take it seriously.

Just my opinion  :)

iddy

There's been a few posts getting about wrt proposed changes to the 2013 SC system.  This is an idea I think should be considered.  What do you think?

Although this year is looking like we will be okay, due to the serious competition for spots in the top 2 / 4 & 8, typically the fantasy footy competitions are severely compromised by mass restings etc prior to AFL finals.  Often the league finals come down to luck due to this, and often the best teams are compromised more so due to the best players being rested.

The idea would be that all teams get a bonus 2 'use em or lose em' trades for each of the finals weeks, which can only be used in finals.

Often you need more than 2 trades to keep a full team in finals, so those that patiently hold onto trades would still have an advantage (just a little less of an advantage).

+1

gossiboy

Quote from: Spinking on July 31, 2012, 06:52:42 PM
Would be interesting, but I'm not a fan. Reason being that trades (and the ability to conserve them) is usually the difference between experienced fantasy coaches and the rest of the pack. I'm not in favour of making the game easier as it disadvantages those who take it seriously.

+1. Conserving trades for finals is all apart of the SC strategy and offering extra trades in finals would leave no risk in making trades during the season.

shuester

+1, although I like your idea I think it would make it easier for those who waste trades (Me) and it would ruin the game a bit. I still like it and wouldn't mind it being used next year but it would make the game a tad less competitive and would change the fortunes of one with hardly any trades when its finals time.

Torress

it'll never happen as it can't. when the is an overall prize you can't be offering free trades to ppl in finals!

there is an element of luck involved - avoiding LTI's.

Quote from: shuester on July 31, 2012, 07:26:42 PM

+1, although I like your idea I think it would make it easier for those who waste trades (Me) and it would ruin the game a bit. I still like it and wouldn't mind it being used next year but it would make the game a tad less competitive and would change the fortunes of one with hardly any trades when its finals time.

BoredSaint

Being someone who has had 0 trades for the past month, I know what it feels like to run out for finals. However, everyone has had a tough run with injuries this season and giving people extra trades for finals would mean less strategy is involved with when and how to use trades.

I hope they don't bring this rule in

Footyrulz

24 is already too many trades. part of the strategy of supercoach is being able to save enough trades for finals, so no.

ossie85

No extra finals trades please.

I wish they'd fix the byes though :/

The_Captain

Ringo

The_Captain

Is the draft game free?? I thought it was for gold coaches only??

kilbluff1985

Quote from: noto07 on December 05, 2012, 06:50:17 PM
Is the draft game free?? I thought it was for gold coaches only??

is free now