Richard Douglas
Price: $427 100 (Fan Planner)
2012 Games: 16
2012 Ave: 80 
2012 Ave without the sub games: 91
2011 Games: 17
2011 Ave: 82
Position: Forward (Could be Mid/Fwd)

To be honest, I would have never thought I would be considering Richard Douglas in my SuperCoach side next year. But when I saw he could be a chance to be named as a forward and that he averages 91 without the sub affected games,  I then thought he could be a great unique pick. 

Douglas has been a solid scorer in the past averaging 82 and 88 in his last two years. Douglas averaged 80 in 2012, which included the 4 tons, 2 scores in the 90's and 6 scores in the 80's. Douglas only played the 16 games this year, missing for 6 weeks from rounds 3-8 with a injury, but he then when on to play every game for the rest of the year. 

It might be a little hard for Douglas to get a lot of time in the Crows strong midfield, which will mean he might have to play some of his football up forward. But Douglas is a quality footballer and he averaged 91 this season, if you take out the sub affected games. I reckon Douglas would be a good unique pick for your forward line.

2013 Supercoach Point Average Prediction: 85-90

ronl

I've always had a liking for this guy's football.  If he scores M/F this year I'll definately consider him.

Hagebear

Yeh definately could be a great POD. Doesn't have the highest ceiling but could be a consistant 90+ player. Wouldn't be the worst pick ever. Will consider.

tbagrocks

He got right back to his better form in the second half of the year, he is a player that will rotate from the mid to forward line and maybe as Crouch, Smith, Wright ect come through he may spend more time forward, but for next season well I'm not convinced he will be a forward as he did spend long periods in the guts, will be considering if he does get the mpp ;D

AFEV

Could be a decent POD but there are simply too many players in that price range I'd prefer. Christensen, Wright, Dahlhaus, Zaharakis, Watts, Cloke...The competition is fierce.

A likely no, but not going to rule him out just yet.

Adamant

I had a look through his scores just after the Crows were knocked out of the Prelim, found his average without sub's.

Very tempting at that price...unlikely that I'll start him, but will keep him shortlisted.

The_Captain

Nice write up JROO, not for me. Just lacks a 5-10 average!!!

TheAnt

Heard he's a mid...which is a shame because now he's no longer a decent choice.

Jroo

Quote from: TheAnt on December 14, 2012, 05:10:08 PM
Heard he's a mid...which is a shame because now he's no longer a decent choice.
Yep mid only  :'(
Disapointed, was going to be my smokie!

Adamant