British 15's Official Trade period 1 thread

Started by MTTY, September 02, 2012, 12:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch74

It has to be the Rookie Draft, as I believe that in my case, my player can still be picked up, CW's can't be, so that is fair.

If Gram was to be picked up in the Pre-Season draft and I had compensation in the ND, that would not be right...

Colliwobblers

very fair of you fletch but under the gram circumstances think a better than normal compo pick should go your way maybe start of rookie or end of national, not sure but that was another unexpected event that bends the "normal compensation rules" just my opinion tho.

Ringo

It will be hard to get a purely Fair system but hopefully in Fletch's case Gram gets picked up. Maybe just amend my proposal to any picks under 180 (Top 10 picks for all teams in the Draft) have a priority pick in the Rooke Draft eg 1st picks. This may equate to losing a top 10 pick from your side.

Makiing the suggestion as follows: (I have redrafted slightly and leave it open to debate)
Draft picks under 180 - Priority picks in the Rookie Draft. (Top 10 picks per team in Draft) Currently one pick
Draft picks 181- 270  Compensation picks after Round 1 (these were picks 11 - 15 in draft) Currently 4 picks
Draft Picks 271 - 360 Compensation picks after Round 2 (these would be picks 15 - 20 in draft) Currently 4 picks
DrafT Picks 361 - 450 Compensation picks after Round 3 (these would be picks 20 - 25 in Draft) Currently 4 picks
Balance after Round 4

Basically this means that we are giving prioity picks in the Rookie draft to teams that have lost players from their top 25 picks.

Rules around this would be that the order would be on the basis of picks and that the player no longer is playing in the AFL eg retired or not picked up by another club.  If you still choose to delist one of these players that have been picked up by another club you will revert to picking after the Rookie draft.

Hope this makes sense. But really needed to concentrate on getting suitable compensation for a team losing a top 10 pick. To show my Fairness could have made it top 15 and included my own 2 players who are retired and de-listed but I believe a top 10 pick really deserves it if not picked up.

Please feel free to pull apart or discuss further (Originally thinking next 10 picks for the compo picks after each round but thought that may be a bit too generous.)

Noz

elephants

MTTY

I am interested in trading still too, if anyone wants to offer me anything.

Looking to stock up on draft picks.

Torpedo10

First retiree at the Magic

Clint Bartram

Wish you best of luck at other clubs.

Was picked up at Pick 558.

Ringo

Quote from: Colliwobblers on November 14, 2012, 07:36:58 PM
Quote from: Ringo on November 12, 2012, 12:49:18 PM
It will be hard to get a purely Fair system but hopefully in Fletch's case Gram gets picked up. Maybe just amend my proposal to any picks under 180 (Top 10 picks for all teams in the Draft) have a priority pick in the Rooke Draft eg 1st picks. This may equate to losing a top 10 pick from your side.

Makiing the suggestion as follows: (I have redrafted slightly and leave it open to debate)
Draft picks under 180 - Priority picks in the Rookie Draft. (Top 10 picks per team in Draft) Currently one pick
Draft picks 181- 270  Compensation picks after Round 1 (these were picks 11 - 15 in draft) Currently 4 picks
Draft Picks 271 - 360 Compensation picks after Round 2 (these would be picks 15 - 20 in draft) Currently 4 picks
DrafT Picks 361 - 450 Compensation picks after Round 3 (these would be picks 20 - 25 in Draft) Currently 4 picks
Balance after Round 4

Basically this means that we are giving prioity picks in the Rookie draft to teams that have lost players from their top 25 picks.

Rules around this would be that the order would be on the basis of picks and that the player no longer is playing in the AFL eg retired or not picked up by another club.  If you still choose to delist one of these players that have been picked up by another club you will revert to picking after the Rookie draft.

Hope this makes sense. But really needed to concentrate on getting suitable compensation for a team losing a top 10 pick. To show my Fairness could have made it top 15 and included my own 2 players who are retired and de-listed but I believe a top 10 pick really deserves it if not picked up.

Please feel free to pull apart or discuss further (Originally thinking next 10 picks for the compo picks after each round but thought that may be a bit too generous.)

all in all it seems spot on to me Ringo, not sure I will employ such a plan in AXVS but this has forced the discussion  ???

The problem for me is where to draw the line/ cut off for each bracket, but your list looks pretty evenly spread and fair compensation for each bracket.

I also agree with you 100% on if they are picked up by another club you can still delist but you only get a "standard" end of draft compo pick.

Not sure if Spinking has posted elsewhere a final rule I'll go along with whatever but this seems pretty good to me .
We moved to the discussion thread and listed the rules there so as to not clog up the trade thread.  Have had 2 more de-listings today with both Bartram and Skinner retiring.

Colliwobblers

3 more to come from Fremantle tomorrow.....

Yes Ringo I was sure I had seen something somewhere from Spinking on the final rules, I even commented on it :)

deleted my post here :)

Spinking

Hi Folks.

I've clarified the rule on Trades to reflect that a List Movement is defined as where a player from your existing squad is traded to another team. 

This means that trades of draft picks, or players who have come into your team during the trade periods will not count as list movements.

As such the current List Movement counts are:

Winchester: 5
Crosby: 5
Liverpool: 4
Manchester: 5
Oxford: 3
Birmingham: 3
Nottingham: 3
Leeds: 2
Hebden Bridge: 2
Staines: 2
Huddersfield: 2
Swindon: 2
Swansea: 1
Newcastle: 1
Grope Lane: 0
Bradford: 0
Hastings: 0
Bilston: 0

As above.  Teams that hit the cap of 5 can continue to trade but only using draft picks, or players who have entered their team through the trade period.

Noz

After a decent defender pick 30 will be used to secure this

kilbluff1985

just read this entire thread made me lol a few times

Justin Bieber