All hope is not lost for our DT defences next year.

Started by KoopKicka, November 23, 2012, 08:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on November 24, 2012, 10:54:55 AM
Haven't heard many people talking about Plowman .. Pick no 3 GWS should get games in that backline from round 1 ?
Should get games, but now they have Mohr, Gilham, Davis, Corr, Jacksch, Plowman all going for 3-4 spots.
Plowman won't be a high scorer anyway and I would rather pick someone cheaper with better scoring abilities.
Quote from: Dudge on November 23, 2012, 10:55:56 PM
With all the stories, papers, radio rumours, and the footy knowledgeable people talking about him, i would of bet a carton he'd get picked for sure. It may be because he's a SA lad, and we here more about him over here?  BTW some had him going at a high 2nd round  pick
Some people had him going even higher (including myself), really surprised he missed out.

Football Factory

Quote from: JROO8 on November 24, 2012, 11:16:37 AM
Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on November 24, 2012, 10:54:55 AM
Haven't heard many people talking about Plowman .. Pick no 3 GWS should get games in that backline from round 1 ?
Should get games, but now they have Mohr, Gilham, Davis, Corr, Jacksch, Plowman all going for 3-4 spots.
Plowman won't be a high scorer anyway and I would rather pick someone cheaper with better scoring abilities.

Mohr, Davis and Gilham will be playing as talls on the opposition forwards .. Plowman will be running the ball out and scoring should be ok ... Plowman would get the nod over Corr and Jacksch there is only so many KPP's you can play in one team.. i agree with the cheaper back thing as i will be going with Pittard, Staker etc. I was mentioning him mainly because people were saying there wasnt much in the way of defenders for our teams coming out of the draft

nostradamus

l think the main reason he missed out on being drafted was beacuse of the role given to him by the SA coach. lt led to there being a false perception that he couldnt get his own ball........there's an an article at afl.com where he admits as much, l just cant find it at the moment. Maybe one of you guys will have more luck

Mr.Craig

Colquhoun's state Under-18 coach Brenton Phillips admitted he felt partly responsible for Colquhoun's snub, after his decision to play the defender loose in the championships sparked questions over his accountability.

"That was partly my doing I suppose," Phillips said of Colquhoun getting the cold shoulder.

"We set him up as a loose defender and I thought the question might have been his ability to be really accountable and stand somebody one-on-one … but Centrals do play a very one-on-one brand of football and I always referred them back to that."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/151637/default.aspx

Adamant

Gonna have to load up my backline if Port dont pick him up.

Bones Bombers

Quote from: Adamant on November 24, 2012, 07:12:14 PM
Gonna have to load up my backline if Port dont pick him up.
Mines been stacked for a while now!
Goddard, Gibbs, Birchall, Heppell, Broughton, Pederson, Staker (Pittard, Docherty)
Will probably do for a start!