Double chance captain in the bye rounds

Started by owenbond007, January 05, 2013, 04:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owenbond007

Ok been planning which go ill use as captain when my vice gets the job done. Im looking at Sam Rowe.  Just wondering though in the bye rounds 11-13 can you set a player with the bye at any stage of the round, or is it once the lockout starts for the round these players are set in stone. 

jasonpushy

Is it just me, or is this seriously the most bizarre post of the summer.     
I'm all for doing the team during the summer months and researching the rookie players, but this has gone a step too far surely.       
Can I suggest just pick the best team you can, and just wait and see who has the week off for your captaincy loop.
I personally have ROWE as my ruck/fwd link, but if he plays, I'll be over the moon.

owenbond007

Quote from: jasonpushy on January 05, 2013, 06:34:48 PM
Is it just me, or is this seriously the most bizarre post of the summer.     
I'm all for doing the team during the summer months and researching the rookie players, but this has gone a step too far surely.       
Can I suggest just pick the best team you can, and just wait and see who has the week off for your captaincy loop.
I personally have ROWE as my ruck/fwd link, but if he plays, I'll be over the moon.

This is strategy topic mate. If you are just focused on rookie players you can find that under players and trades. Personally I'm not interested in any rookies and will be waiting for NAB to start. Id rather focus on plans, strategy's and structures, not talking smack about a bunch of rookies I've yet to see play.

If anybody has any information wether players who have a bye are locked once the round starts or can be moved changed etc would be great.

m1tch robo

I would imagine that you can change anything on these players all bye round. I.e. they wont be locked out at all. This is just a guess. But I don't see why they would be locked out completely. Because that would mean you couldn't trade them at all during the round.

Also, planning for captain loopholes early is a great move as it will be a big factor in overall ranking this season.

ronl

In a way, I side with Jason on this.  I mean, last year I intentionally had no bye strategy other than to make whatever trades I needed to in order to avoid donuts.  That's what I did and during the bye rounds I increased my standing from 1500something to 811.  I dropped a couple hundred after that to finish 1100 for the year.  This year, with 30 trades instead of 24, it'll be a piece of cake, won't it?

owenbond007

Quote from: ronl on January 05, 2013, 08:37:11 PM
In a way, I side with Jason on this.  I mean, last year I intentionally had no bye strategy other than to make whatever trades I needed to in order to avoid donuts.  That's what I did and during the bye rounds I increased my standing from 1500something to 811.  I dropped a couple hundred after that to finish 1100 for the year.  This year, with 30 trades instead of 24, it'll be a piece of cake, won't it?

clearly you didnt read the question at hand.

Just wondering though in the bye rounds 11-13 can you set a player with the bye at any stage of the round, or is it once the lockout starts for the round these players are set in stone. 

ps roni i planned and was ranked 400th overall, dropped from 90th to 500th over byes but that was due to losing players like pendles waters scotland (who i traded) then he played, amongst others.