Varcoe Looking Sharp (Impressing At Training Camp-Update)

Started by Windigo, December 19, 2012, 10:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

Trav is as fit and as healthy as he's been in a long time and very excited about his role in 2013. The whole team is pumped for a big year now they have a quality ruckmen he said. I really hope he goes well, great lad.

elephants

Hmmmm, I have Varcoe AND Knights. Love Varcoe as a player but not quite sold yet.

Nab will decide ;) a few good performances from rookies and/or some sluggish ones from Trav could see the switcheroo!

Surprised at the lack of interest in him though.

Windigo

Football Factory

I have Knights and Byrnes, if one of these two stink it up early and trav goes well ..it's an easy swap

essendon2

Quote from: Chelskiman on February 04, 2013, 02:59:45 PM
If Knights stays fit I reckon he will average more than Varcoe.  I was rolling with Knights but then ended up tweaking my side and got Embley in instead.
I think Byrnes getting selected as part of the melb leadership group has made him the player with biggest upside out of the three.
well knights is very injury prone, Varcoe is fighting for a mid spot, may play fwd!

Byrnes will no doubt average 75

Grazz

Quote from: essendon2 on February 04, 2013, 09:12:59 PM
Quote from: Chelskiman on February 04, 2013, 02:59:45 PM
If Knights stays fit I reckon he will average more than Varcoe.  I was rolling with Knights but then ended up tweaking my side and got Embley in instead.
I think Byrnes getting selected as part of the melb leadership group has made him the player with biggest upside out of the three.
well knights is very injury prone, Varcoe is fighting for a mid spot, may play fwd!

Byrnes will no doubt average 75

Varcoes actually looking at running out of the half back line, may play various roles as needed.

PowerMan

Quote from: Marcz on December 19, 2012, 03:57:23 PM
61, 62, 75, and 65avg in his 4 healthy years... im struggling to believe :-\

He'd need to be picked as a 5th mid IMO, so many better options around his price in the forwards and at those averages as a midfielder your better off grabbing a rookie instead who'll average the same at a much cheaper price.

GM

Quote from: PowerMan on February 04, 2013, 11:34:28 PM
Quote from: Marcz on December 19, 2012, 03:57:23 PM
61, 62, 75, and 65avg in his 4 healthy years... im struggling to believe :-\

He'd need to be picked as a 5th mid IMO, so many better options around his price in the forwards and at those averages as a midfielder your better off grabbing a rookie instead who'll average the same at a much cheaper price.
Report from the club saying he will play a different role,running off half back.So we wait and see in the Nab.

Noz

Round 1: Starts as the sub scores 30 priced at $234,400
Round 2: First full game of the year struggles with lack of match fitness scores 60 $234,400
Round 3: Again has another full game slowly regain match fitness scores a standard average of 75 priced at $234,400

Having a round 3 average of 55

With a round 1 B/E of 47 that could go up to 80 when he doesn't reach it round 1, Still struggles to reach it round 2 and is given a 90+ B/E coming into round 3.

Round 4: Plays full game and scores 80 suffers a slight price drop down to $237,400

Low B/E coming into round 5 offload a premium like Nick Riewoldt who starts the year on fire against easy opposition and ups his price by 50k pocket the 252k (rough estimate) and trade out a rookie with a high breakeven to a Embley/Ball/Moloney anyone else around that price bracket who has started the year on fire.

SydneyRox

have high hopes, nab form will be interesting, but think he is due this year!

tbagrocks

Quote from: SydneyRox on February 05, 2013, 02:25:07 AM
have high hopes, nab form will be interesting, but think he is due this year!
If Trav playes off half back I think every fantasy band his dog will be on him ::)

But Yeah it will be interesting to see how he goes, along with knights in the (blatant commersialization) that is the nab