Real planning starts tomorrow!

Started by DT-SC, October 30, 2012, 07:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DT-SC

Tomorrow at 10 am AEDT, start planning your dreamteams with the release of the 2013 AFL fixture!

Mr.Craig

November 22nd and December 1st will be important dates too. :)

henry

Quote from: Mr.Craig on October 30, 2012, 07:06:19 PM
November 22nd and December 1st will be important dates too. :)
Yeah still hard to plan without knowing exactly which rookies will be drafted and at what round so what price. Equally hard without knowing dpps even though most of them are pretty predictable there may be some surprises. The bye rounds will be the most important thing tomorrow and seeing which clubs have easier draw a la Adelaide.

Mr.Craig

Already have my bye strategy planned out.

henry

Quote from: Mr.Craig on October 30, 2012, 11:24:46 PM
Already have my bye strategy planned out.

What, close your eyes and pretend they aren't there?  :P
I probably would have scored better in them if I had done that this year   ::)

Mr.Craig

I went up about 16,000 places in the rankings during the byes despite the fact I had a lopsided team, practically no strategy and barely traded.

I say roll with it. :D

Adamant

Im hoping a lot of DT relevent teams share the same bye...hate making these decisions!

Holz

Quote from: Mr.Craig on October 30, 2012, 11:42:01 PM
I went up about 16,000 places in the rankings during the byes despite the fact I had a lopsided team, practically no strategy and barely traded.

i go the reverse lets say im leaning towards murphy over cotchin if cotchin has the good bye i pick him. Starting team is not as important but about 6 weeks out from the byes every trade i do is to set my team up for the byes. My Bye strategy has alot of the reason why i think i did reasonably well this year.

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Holzman on October 30, 2012, 11:48:11 PM
Quote from: Mr.Craig on October 30, 2012, 11:42:01 PM

i go the reverse lets say im leaning towards murphy over cotchin if cotchin has the good bye i pick him. Starting team is not as important but about 6 weeks out from the byes every trade i do is to set my team up for the byes. My Bye strategy has alot of the reason why i think i did reasonably well this year.

Well, I won't argue with that because you kicked my ass this year. :)

I did however think it was a bit silly the amount of sleep people lost over it. You know the whole "I have my team down to 2 donuts for the byes" type stuff which was all based on every other player being fit and available. It was never going to happen and it proved to be a showerstorm for everyone. It's common sense to keep a handle on it, along as it doesn't compromise your team at the backend of the season because you've used too many trades or got in players just for the byes rather than thinking long term.