2013 Player Profile: Tom Schneider

Started by Mr.Craig, October 29, 2012, 10:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

Tom Schneider

Ask any Hawks fan about up-and-coming players at the club and Schneider's name will be one of the first mentioned. He's certainly shown some promising development, winning this year's best and fairest with Box Hill while racking up the stats. His DT scores demonstrate his cash cow potential - 121, 141, 112, 135, 69, 125, 74, 136, 76, 106, 84, 108, 101, 17, 65, 97, 107, 103, 70 and 88 for an average of 96.7.

The downside is that he has to first come off the rookie list and then break into a strong Hawthorn side. It's a situation that mirrors Brad Hill in 2012, great scoring potential but questionable JS and an extremely high risk of vests. However if he does manage to get a clutch of full games under his belt then you're looking at an average in the mid 70's and a healthy price rise. 

From Hawthorn FC.com - "Schneider enjoyed a breakout season in the VFL with Box Hill, becoming one of the competition’s most prolific midfielders. The 20-year old joins an impressive list of players to win the Col Austen Trophy in recent seasons. AFL listed players Sam Gibson, Ed Curnow and Sam Iles have all received the award over the past three seasons.

Selected by Hawthorn in the 2011 Rookie Draft, Schneider was recruited from Oakleigh Chargers and has spent the past two seasons at the Ricoh Centre on Hawthorn’s rookie list.

After playing 14 games in 2011 for Box Hill, Schneider returned in 2012 to appear in all 20 matches for the VFL Hawks including their two finals.  The in and under midfielder averaged 25 possessions a game across the season and was named in Damian Carroll’s best on nine separate occasions."

Kellogscrunchynut

Agreed would be too much of a punt due to the competition for a spot in the Hawks midfield.

henry

Yeah I'm a hawks supporter too and I think he will be a really good player. Not for me next year though due to a lack of JS, nice writeup though.

Adamant

Yeah, cant see him breaking into the Hawks side :-\

Scrads

Great idea for a write-up Craigy :)

Will be promoted off the rookie-list for sure and I have no doubt at some stage in 2013 he will make his debut but I can see him play 4-6 games or something like that so he probably won't be good fantasy option but the potential is there if the opportunities come.

Justin Bieber

Mr.Craig

Quote from: whatlez on October 30, 2012, 01:11:23 AM
He got a 17 too :o

Dunno what happened there. He played the next week but obviously had some kind of problem. Was probably the difference between him averaging 100.

shepni

Hawthorn need to blood midfielders. Took a gamble this year by only giving Hill a go. Would be silly to do that 2 years in a row. Excpect Hill and Schneider to get game time.

Mr.Craig

nrich102

Spinking

Really surprised he was delisted.  If he ends up at another club he might be worth the punt. Would most likely be drafted for a need, so likely to get games.  Just needs a club to snap him up.

nrich102

henry

Yeah I'm surprised too and a bit disappointed we got rid of him, would have been a tough decision. If port does draft him will definitely be worth having a look at.