Main Menu

Dayle Garlett may not be drafted?

Started by Toga, November 20, 2012, 10:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mailman the 2nd

It's pretty easy

If he's application and such is as bad as that guy said, then bottom 10 teams won't select him, but a top 8 team probably will.

He'll get drafted, probably by one of 2012's top 4

quinny88

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 20, 2012, 01:19:37 PM
You could see why the younger teams and up and coming teams wouldnt want him around.

But teams like Hawthorn, Collingwood, Sydney, Geelong, Carlton who all have strong leadership and good cultures would take the punt and turn him around.

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 20, 2012, 04:58:41 PM
will get picked up might be later then expected or in the rookie draft

just need to make him room mates with a senior player and keep an eye on him as said prob better off at a senior team like Swans, Hawks, Pies or Cats

The stability that a football club provides should be enough for any young bloke to pull his head in anyway, they dont need to be at any particular club for that.
Those examples you guys gave are just of clubs that are higher up the ladder. Their on field leadership is superior to the lower sides but their off field leadership is no better than the rest imo.
They have all had there fair share of players in trouble and in the headlines in recent history. Collingwood more so than anyone. Sydney probably the only team that I can think of that haven't out of those examples.
If the chance to play AFL for a career isn't enough for him to pull his head in then im sure there are plenty of others less talented more than willing to take his spot

Mr.Craig

Given Sheedy's experience with indigenous players I always thought GWS would be a good fit for him.

Toga

Quote from: Mr.Craig on November 20, 2012, 06:45:45 PM
Given Sheedy's experience with indigenous players I always thought GWS would be a good fit for him.

yeah that's where i've had him going, but just thinking about bad off-field issues with such a young side wouldn't be a great idea...

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Toga on November 20, 2012, 06:47:10 PM

yeah that's where i've had him going, but just thinking about bad off-field issues with such a young side wouldn't be a great idea...

On the other hand, you don't have to necessarily be a 10 year player to provide guidance and be a role model. If he sees a bunch of 19 year olds being professional and achieving their goals then that should provide a certain level of motivation to him.

Also, I thought GWS handled the Taylor Adams situation fairly well and they would have programs in place to manage the off field issues that would arise from a very young list.

Toga

Quote from: Mr.Craig on November 20, 2012, 06:54:58 PM
Quote from: Toga on November 20, 2012, 06:47:10 PM

On the other hand, you don't have to necessarily be a 10 year player to provide guidance and be a role model. If he sees a bunch of 19 year olds being professional and achieving their goals then that should provide a certain level of motivation to him.

Also, I thought GWS handled the Taylor Adams situation fairly well and they would have programs in place to manage the off field issues that would arise from a very young list.

all very good points Craigy!

CrowsFan

If Garlett was drafted to GWS he and Adams would be running the night life in a few years... ;D

AFEV

If he doesn't get picked up in the PSD I'm not sure he'll have the drive to keep himself fit enough to be in contention for 2013. :-\

Grazz

GWS and Sheedy would be a good fit for him, hope the kid can get it all together but he's got to want to and show it by working as hard as he can. Dec 11 isnt far away surely youd be busting your butt to put yourself in the forefront of coaches/selectors minds.
Be a big waste if he cant get it together but its happened before and it will happen again no doubt.

quinny88

Quote from: Sid on November 23, 2012, 08:02:53 PM

If he doesn't get picked up in the PSD I'm not sure he'll have the drive to keep himself fit enough to be in contention for 2013. :-\

The main concern I have with this picture is that he's drinking a can of Cougar  :o terrible choice of drink!

JBs-Hawks

The girl from the ad musta been working at the bottleo :P

Grazz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 23, 2012, 09:30:24 PM
The girl from the ad musta been working at the bottleo :P

Two Cougars thanks  :P

Ziplock

room him with cornes or ward, they'd keep a tight lid on him :P

Tominator

been invited to train with the Bombers

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Tominator on November 26, 2012, 01:08:15 AM