2013 Player Profile: Chris Knights

Started by Football Factory, October 07, 2012, 03:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azza707

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 28, 2012, 11:45:01 PM
Quote from: underdog11 on December 28, 2012, 10:26:35 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 28, 2012, 05:55:31 PM
Quote from: azza707 on December 28, 2012, 05:46:31 PM
i would post the article, but i read something about an interview with hardwick and it went something along the lines of.....

blah blah blah.... and we have also picked up players like Knights and Lonergan who can slot straight into our midfield...

I know its not the be all and end all, but i think hes a pretty safe bet in terms of JS

And replace who exactly?

Hardwick says they can slot straight into the midfield not the forward line as you are saying, they have a fairly strong midfield so yes i do question his JS and rightly so because as TBAG says 26 games in 3 years is not exactly great 

Are you joking? Knights has full JS, maybe rather then think who will replace think of 7 forwards and think how easily he makes it. He will play off Half forward King is no spring chicken he will go deeper, they have Riewoldt, Vickery, Nahas, King, Edwards, Edwards and Knights. He definetly has JS, and if he doesnt then there is no rookie that has. Before you question a coach maybe do your'e research.

i think he meant into the midfield rotations....Knights was a gun HFF with a booming left foot and was good in the contest. should play a similar role at richmond.

Mr. Craig id agree with that pretty much, will aaron edwards slot straight into the line up??? to be honest never thought much of him as a player, way too inconsistent and his best isnt thaaaat great. dont know why richmond picked him up if they want to go places (imo).

The_Captain

Adamant

Will need to see his NAB role before locking him in.

I think he can go 80+ easy, but im also not sure if I can squeeze him in.

tbagrocks

I can see two things happening

1. He does a Mullett and loves his new club, gets games and really lights it up

2. Same at Adelaide, he becomes a fringe/depth player

Interesting to note, when Chris played in the SANFL for the Eagles he was the highest disposal in the comp, was not uncommen for him to get 30-40 touches, even 40+, he played mainly as a midfielder in the SANFL

If he is named Round 1 and not vested, I will probably pick him

Football Factory

He's a gun im suprised Adelaide didnt want to hang onto him, had some injury problems that led to his poor form. Has slotted into my F5 spot nicely. If all goes well in Nab and named round 1 he will make my team.

Toga

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 07, 2013, 05:52:49 AM

Interesting to note, when Chris played in the SANFL for the Eagles he was the highest disposal in the comp, was not uncommen for him to get 30-40 touches, even 40+, he played mainly as a midfielder in the SANFL

Is it gonna be possible to do stuff like that this year? I mean wait until the Thursday Richmond game and see if he gets vested, if he does, trade him to someone else, if he doesn't, ride it out?

And if so, who would you swap him with? :P

azza707

Quote from: Toga on January 07, 2013, 12:50:28 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on January 07, 2013, 05:52:49 AM

Is it gonna be possible to do stuff like that this year? I mean wait until the Thursday Richmond game and see if he gets vested, if he does, trade him to someone else, if he doesn't, ride it out?

And if so, who would you swap him with? :P

varcoe/Brynes/Kennedy/Rookie

Windigo

Locked in both (Knights & Varcoe) for my fwd line, currently... :P

Jroo

Quote from: Windigo on January 07, 2013, 08:42:48 PM
Locked in both (Knights & Varcoe) for my fwd line, currently... :P
Same, I know Knights will tear it up at Richmond.

kilbluff1985

am being talked into starting this guy lol

azza707

If his body holds up through the whole pre season and he has no niggles whatsoever i cant see the harm in starting him :)

Grazz

Quote from: azza707 on January 08, 2013, 02:05:34 AM
If his body holds up through the whole pre season and he has no niggles whatsoever i cant see the harm in starting him :)

Yeh agreed mate, any hint of an issue and i'll be switching back to my last setup fairly quickly.