Shannon Byrnes a Melbourne Demon

Started by elephants, October 04, 2012, 05:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you now consider him for you DT 2013?

HELL YEAH!
0 (0%)
Likely
6 (30%)
Watching his NAB
6 (30%)
Unlikely
7 (35%)
NEVER!
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Capper

Clearly a wait and see but more unlikely. But if he comes in cheaper then a maybe
Quote from: Ziplock on October 05, 2012, 12:42:54 AM
k, so I've made a mock team (although I've put bock back and krakouer fwd)

zippy2013 Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by Zarts. Salary cap left: $43,600.

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Grant Birchall, Dyson Heppell, Matt Suckling, Pearce Hanley, Nathan Bock
Jasper Pittard, Joshua Toy

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Scott Pendlebury, Marc Murphy, Luke Ball, Andrew Embley
Brad Crouch, Jaeger O'Meara

Nic Naitanui, Matthew Leuenberger
Majak Daw, Jarrod Witts

Colin Sylvia, Chris Knights, Robbie Gray, Shannon Byrnes, Mark LeCras, Andrew Krakouer, Travis Varcoe
Brent Macaffer, Brent Staker

that's the team you can get with a massive midpriced fwd. Obv. a lot of the rookies are just placeholders.

that could seriously rape. You need no def. upgrades, no ruck, only 2 midfield (and you could wait until the end for them), but probs 4-5 fwds (presuming sylvia is a keeper and 2 of knights, lecras, gray break out).
3 pie mids early on is a worry for their bye and worse if they share it with GC and or the Blues

Ziplock

I'd think ball would be upgraded by then. I was just demonstrating a midpriced fwd line team :P

Adamant

Quote from: tabs on October 05, 2012, 01:23:36 AM
Clearly a wait and see but more unlikely. But if he comes in cheaper then a maybe
Quote from: Ziplock on October 05, 2012, 12:42:54 AM
k, so I've made a mock team (although I've put bock back and krakouer fwd)

zippy2013 Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by Zarts. Salary cap left: $43,600.

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Grant Birchall, Dyson Heppell, Matt Suckling, Pearce Hanley, Nathan Bock
Jasper Pittard, Joshua Toy

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Scott Pendlebury, Marc Murphy, Luke Ball, Andrew Embley
Brad Crouch, Jaeger O'Meara

Nic Naitanui, Matthew Leuenberger
Majak Daw, Jarrod Witts

Colin Sylvia, Chris Knights, Robbie Gray, Shannon Byrnes, Mark LeCras, Andrew Krakouer, Travis Varcoe
Brent Macaffer, Brent Staker

that's the team you can get with a massive midpriced fwd. Obv. a lot of the rookies are just placeholders.

that could seriously rape. You need no def. upgrades, no ruck, only 2 midfield (and you could wait until the end for them), but probs 4-5 fwds (presuming sylvia is a keeper and 2 of knights, lecras, gray break out).
3 pie mids early on is a worry for their bye and worse if they share it with GC and or the Blues
Im thinking LeCras & Sylvia are nearly definite keepers. Gray a little bit off. If even 3-4 of those mid-priced fwds came off, you would be laughing.

Spinking

Will probably get on if his price comes out a bit lower.  Also want to see how Melbourne will use him.  They have a few other players with similar games, so will wait and see where he sits on the pecking order.

henry

I too am surprised about his price I thought it would be 50k lower. Definitely considering now especially if he rotates through the midfield with Moloney gone. The bonus he has over the likes of Gray and Lecras is that he is not coming off a long term injury and so is more able to deliver from round 1.

Footy_Boiz

Serious mid priced mayhem. I'm considering maybe 2 a line and 1 in the rucks, hoping they come off and if they don't means wicked bench cover. Especially if the 2-2 sub rule comes in, although I'm doubtful it will

Shihan7

Will need to see his role in NAB first...