Main Menu

Petterd and Stephenson promoted

Started by quinny88, March 19, 2013, 01:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Well done by these boys.
Petterd has had a fantastic pre season and nab cup campaign and really put his hand up for a round 1 start and the Big O I wasnt sure about but the way he played against Essendon having to battle against Ryder, Hille and Bellchambers was a credit to him and changed my opinion of him. Will provide great relief whenevr big Ivan needs a spell.
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-03-19/tiger-pair-wins-promotion

So where is Lonergan at now? Apparently he turned the game when he came on against the bulldogs. Does he just have to wait for a long term injury to get his chance now?

Toga

Good news for the boys, well deserved by the sounds of it.

Lonergan I think has to wait until we put someone on the LTI list OR I think there is an opportunity for a rookie upgrade near round 9 or thereabouts so he might get his chance then.

Reading some stuff yesterday though it sounds like Foley is no guarantee at the start of the season so there's a chance we could put him on the LTI list and Lonergan is a no-brainer to bring in for him. Not sure how Foley's progress is going, but that is an option for us.

quinny88

Quote from: Toga on March 19, 2013, 02:11:34 PM

Lonergan I think has to wait until we put someone on the LTI list OR I think there is an opportunity for a rookie upgrade near round 9 or thereabouts so he might get his chance then.

Reading some stuff yesterday though it sounds like Foley is no guarantee at the start of the season so there's a chance we could put him on the LTI list and Lonergan is a no-brainer to bring in for him. Not sure how Foley's progress is going, but that is an option for us.

How long does someone have to be expected to miss to be considered on the LTI list?

GM

Quote from: quinny88 on March 19, 2013, 02:23:15 PM

How long does someone have to be expected to miss to be considered on the LTI list?
6 weeks i think.

quinny88

Quote from: greenmoon on March 19, 2013, 02:24:13 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on March 19, 2013, 02:23:15 PM

6 weeks i think.

I hope he wont be missing that long!

Jroo

I think Petterd was always going to be elevated.
Was out of Orren and Lonergan for the second spot, but I guess we need Orren just in case

Kellogscrunchynut

I figured that Stephenson would only get promoted if Maric were to go down, guess this option gives the team a bit more versatility in the ruck department.

Nige

So happy my boy Ricky Petterd got elevated, watch him shine.  8)

Honestly, I get why Orren was promoted to the senior list but I wish it was Lonergan, oh well.

Jroo

Quote from: NigeyS on March 19, 2013, 05:31:05 PM

Honestly, I get why Orren was promoted to the senior list but I wish it was Lonergan, oh well.
I hope Petterd does well, should be named round one.
Yeah Nigey I agree, would rather see Lonergan upgraded as I think he's a chance to play games and Orren is only there as back up.

Nige

Quote from: JROO8 on March 19, 2013, 05:35:22 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on March 19, 2013, 05:31:05 PM

I hope Petterd does well, should be named round one.
Yeah Nigey I agree, would rather see Lonergan upgraded as I think he's a chance to play games and Orren is only there as back up.

Petterd's elevation creates even more competition for backline spots as well.

And yeah, reckon Lonergan is a better chance for games.