Kurt Tippett...........

Started by POK252, October 26, 2012, 11:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

Not every team will be after him and i dont care if he makes it to Sydney or not.

GWS wont take him with Cameron and Patton
GC will but i dont know if they will use their first pick (13)
WB might make a play for him as they struggled without a big man up front, may even use pick 22
Bombers no i think they would rather use Gumby and Daniher up front and continue to build their career
Carlton i am not sure, did they even know the draft was on?? They were after Dawes so maybe but i dodnt think they would use their first pick (11)
Swans have now delisted or traded 10 players so look to them to use all their picks. Tippett will be their first choice at pick 23
Crows have already un him out of the town
Roos have plenty of height but with the lose of Hmac and Pedo maybe they might have a go at Tippett but again i dont think that they will use their first pick 15
Freo have enough tall timber and if Tippett was looking to move the following year i think that Freo would jump at the chance with Pav not getting any younger but i think Clarke will play more upfront next year as well
West coast with the lose of the Qtip i thought might make a bid  but they traded their first round pick for Wellingham and Tippett wont be there in Round 2
Lions i think are the smokies to get him, they need someone up there to help out Brownie and Tippett is a great fit. I cant see them giving pick 8 for Tippett after they did that last year, so maybe 24 but the Swans will get him @ 23 if the Lions dont take him @ 8
Tigers have Jroo, Vickery and Griffens as tall forwards along with Elton. Dont think they make a play for him at pick 9 with the strength of this year draft
Port i dont think will get him as they are cleaning out the house and will look to younger kids to fill their list now
Pies have lost Dawes but picked up Qtip so i think they will go for best young player avaliable and not make a play for Tippett
Saints may have a shot, Kosi is no spring chicken and NRoo isnt getting any younger. They picked up Hickey and Lee in the trade period but their first pick is 25 and the Swans will get him before that
Dees With Clarke and the signing of Dawes i dont think they will chase Tippett
Hawks wont go for him with Hale, Roughie and Buddy down front already
Cats wont go for him as they have Hawkins and Jpod up front and i expect Vardy to join them

It wont be like Tarrant and retire if he doesnt get to the Swans like Tarrant said about the Pies when he entered the draft

Toga

Quote from: Dudge on October 28, 2012, 02:01:47 PM
I think if he were to go to a club where he really doesn't want to be ( similar to the crows towards the end ), then that team is a massive risk to lose him come next contract. Surely that gives him a chance to get through to Sydney, which would seem a tad unfair i suppose

yeah very risky imo, i don't think anyone but Brisbane, GC, GWS or Sydney will try...

Quote from: tabs on October 28, 2012, 02:46:31 PM
Not every team will be after him and i dont care if he makes it to Sydney or not.

GWS wont take him with Cameron and Patton
GC will but i dont know if they will use their first pick (13)
WB might make a play for him as they struggled without a big man up front, may even use pick 22
Bombers no i think they would rather use Gumby and Daniher up front and continue to build their career
Carlton i am not sure, did they even know the draft was on?? They were after Dawes so maybe but i dodnt think they would use their first pick (11)
Swans have now delisted or traded 10 players so look to them to use all their picks. Tippett will be their first choice at pick 23
Crows have already un him out of the town
Roos have plenty of height but with the lose of Hmac and Pedo maybe they might have a go at Tippett but again i dont think that they will use their first pick 15
Freo have enough tall timber and if Tippett was looking to move the following year i think that Freo would jump at the chance with Pav not getting any younger but i think Clarke will play more upfront next year as well
West coast with the lose of the Qtip i thought might make a bid  but they traded their first round pick for Wellingham and Tippett wont be there in Round 2
Lions i think are the smokies to get him, they need someone up there to help out Brownie and Tippett is a great fit. I cant see them giving pick 8 for Tippett after they did that last year, so maybe 24 but the Swans will get him @ 23 if the Lions dont take him @ 8
Tigers have Jroo, Vickery and Griffens as tall forwards along with Elton. Dont think they make a play for him at pick 9 with the strength of this year draft
Port i dont think will get him as they are cleaning out the house and will look to younger kids to fill their list now
Pies have lost Dawes but picked up Qtip so i think they will go for best young player avaliable and not make a play for Tippett
Saints may have a shot, Kosi is no spring chicken and NRoo isnt getting any younger. They picked up Hickey and Lee in the trade period but their first pick is 25 and the Swans will get him before that
Dees With Clarke and the signing of Dawes i dont think they will chase Tippett
Hawks wont go for him with Hale, Roughie and Buddy down front already
Cats wont go for him as they have Hawkins and Jpod up front and i expect Vardy to join them

It wont be like Tarrant and retire if he doesnt get to the Swans like Tarrant said about the Pies when he entered the draft

+1 to all that, hit the nail right on the head! :)

Capper

he has now lawyered up if the AFL try to de-list him

Dudge

Quote from: tabs on October 28, 2012, 02:59:47 PM
he has now lawyered up if the AFL try to de-list him

I suppose he has every right to challenge it through the courts, but what would that do to salary/cap in future? Wouldn't like to see go down that path

Justin Bieber

Tippett's price will be like Mark LeCras'

Spite

Remember that Marty Clarke was not rookie priced and he was away from the game for 2 seasons.

Capper

Quote from: whatlez on October 28, 2012, 07:04:33 PM
Tippett's price will be like Mark LeCras'
only if he misses a year, if he doesnt then his price wont chance at all

Grazz

Quote from: Dudge on October 28, 2012, 02:01:47 PM
I think if he were to go to a club where he really doesn't want to be ( similar to the crows towards the end ), then that team is a massive risk to lose him come next contract. Surely that gives him a chance to get through to Sydney, which would seem a tad unfair i suppose

I agree Dudge, but when your dealing with individuals that are weak of character and back bone who are unwilling to admit their guilt in a scenario this is what you get.

S_Coach99

I'd love to see Port pick him up...

Little move across Adelaide town

T Dog

Quote from: S_Coach99 on October 29, 2012, 11:08:59 AM
I'd love to see Port pick him up...

Little move across Adelaide town
If this happened, how would it go for him?? :o

Ziplock

port wont take him. The only clubs that'll take him if he gets deregoed into the nat are clubs that need a key forward and believe that they can win the flag in the next 2 years.

Port ticks box A, not B.

strikes91

the only 2 teams outside of sydney that would take a risk on him is GWS and Brisbane. GWS is still sydney, where he wanted to go, brisbane has his family down the road. swans have no chance of getting him imo

Mailman the 2nd

Good thing swans don't need him