Attention tigers fans - Matthew McDonough to play rd1?

Started by mdub, January 28, 2013, 02:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdub

is there any tigers fans out there that think he may line up round 1?

Jroo

Nah sorry but Knights, Petterd, Nahas, King, Edwards and probably even Matty White, O'Hanlon and Helbig are also in front of him.
Give McDonough 2 or 3 years and he'll will be a regular in the Tigers 22.

TheAnt

On the contrary I think McDonough is a darkhorse, he is only similar to Nahas and King and he is already chasing on their heels. Petterd will battle to be upgrade, I reckon only Stephenson is a certainty to get upgraded to give Maric a rest every now and then. Helbig is a mid who's being developed a bit as a defender aswell so that's not a problem. White's a bit of a dud and is only there for depth. Edwards is the 3rd option to Riewoldt and Vickery I reckon. TBH I'd prefer Griffiths to play infront of him.

mdub

Quote from: TheAnt on January 28, 2013, 07:13:27 PM
On the contrary I think McDonough is a darkhorse, he is only similar to Nahas and King and he is already chasing on their heels. Petterd will battle to be upgrade, I reckon only Stephenson is a certainty to get upgraded to give Maric a rest every now and then. Helbig is a mid who's being developed a bit as a defender aswell so that's not a problem. White's a bit of a dud and is only there for depth. Edwards is the 3rd option to Riewoldt and Vickery I reckon. TBH I'd prefer Griffiths to play infront of him.

Im sure there is a spot ther with miller retired and king being injured or suspended every 2nd week. Hes at a solid wieght to be able to play round 1 and is obviously very talented.

roti

sorry mate can't see him getting near a gig, my favourite looking 22 looks like this, to be honest havent really considered him

FB: Grimes, Chaplin, Morris
HB: Houli, Rance, Batchelor
C: Grigg, Cotchin, Deledio
HF: Martin, Griffiths, Knights
FF: S.Edwards, Reiwoldt, Vickery
FOL: Maric, Tuck, Foley
INT: Newman, Conca, Ellis, Sub: King

EMG: Nahas, Jackson, Vlastuin

Others ahead of him: A.Edwards, Helbig, Pettard, Astbury, O'Hanlon

Toga

I agree with these guys, if there's one type of player Richmond has depth in it is small fwds/rotating mids so I'd imagine he'll be hard pressed for games this year. Might sneak one or two but won't be a regular I don't think.

As JRoo said give him a few years and he should be a star, loved his work for SA at the carnival this year. From what I saw of him he looks a gun.

Jroo

Quote from: Toga on January 29, 2013, 10:15:07 AM
I agree with these guys, if there's one type of player Richmond has depth in it is small fwds/rotating mids so I'd imagine he'll be hard pressed for games this year. Might sneak one or two but won't be a regular I don't think.

As JRoo said give him a few years and he should be a star, loved his work for SA at the carnival this year. From what I saw of him he looks a gun.
I just don't think he has the fitness levels at AFL level just yet. As I said give him a year or two and he'll be a regular in the Tigers 22.

TheAnt

I'd argue that small forwards we don't have too much depth in, if you really break it down the only SMALL forwards are McDonough, Nahas and King. While I don't think McDonough will play all 22 games I think he's a real chance for a game and is a goal kicking machine.

Toga

Quote from: TheAnt on January 29, 2013, 10:55:29 PM
I'd argue that small forwards we don't have too much depth in, if you really break it down the only SMALL forwards are McDonough, Nahas and King. While I don't think McDonough will play all 22 games I think he's a real chance for a game and is a goal kicking machine.

And Titch Edwards & Matt White, all of whom i think are above him.

Love the kid as a tiger, and agreed he might sneek a few games, but not enough to be fantasy relevant/a round  1 starter i would think

TheAnt

I'm hopeful Edwards/Nahas will play on a midfield role, we need some more pace on the outside I think, you can see how much it hurts us without Nathan Foley, Matty White- Well I love his passion but that's about it. Doesn't look like he's in Dimmas plans.

elephants

Good player to have in XV's but I don't see more than 5 games from him next season :)

Jroo

Quote from: elephants on January 30, 2013, 02:46:52 PM
Good player to have in XV's but I don't see more than 5 games from him next season :)
Yep, would be surprised if he got more than a few games.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: JROO8 on January 30, 2013, 04:16:36 PM
Quote from: elephants on January 30, 2013, 02:46:52 PM
Yep, would be surprised if he got more than a few games.

+1

nrich102