2013 Player Profile: Michael Johnson

Started by elephants, September 22, 2012, 05:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Michael Johnson - Fremantle Dockers

Position: BACK/FWD

Price: $424,500 (Fanplanner) (12th most expensive backmen)

2011 Games: 22

2012 Games: 12

2011 Average: 64.6

2012 Average: 82.5

2012 Tons: 6 tons and 4 90's.

Summary: The former spud is loving playing under Ross Lyon. Has been turned into a bloke without a real position into someone who can really slut it up when the time is right. Will the introduction of Goddard affect him? Can he keep it up? Was this just a one hit wonder? He's getting on so I doubt we would see improvement...

Verdict: Served me well this year but doesn't fit my structure, pass.

Ele's prediction: I see him slipping to easily into a 70's average if Goddard comes to Freo and/or Broughton returns... No thanks. 75.

Adamant

Yeah, got him in Asians...main reason why I requested him.
Will look at him as an upgrade target if he is killing it - Too risky to start with if Goddard moves  :P

elephants

Quote from: Adamant on September 22, 2012, 06:02:28 PM
Yeah, got him in Asians...main reason why I requested him.
Will look at him as an upgrade target if he is killing it - Too risky to start with if Goddard moves  :P

Ahhh, I see :P

Yeah I know. He was great last year but he is prone to those 40 point matches where he actually has to defend...

Ricochet

yeh not for me, would rather Duffman over Johnson

Windigo

Duff_Man might have his Mojo back.  :)

Meaning MJ is a no from me.

Hagebear

Yeh not for me. Too inconsistant and to many role changes.

Spinking

Difficult one. If he continues playing the same sort of role then is almost a must have. A bit nervous though that they might use him to plug holes rather than play a consistent role. At that price I think he will drop a bit and give us a chance to have a look at his form before getting on.

newfreofan

mx187

Nice write up Ele.
Got him late this season and payed the price, I agree think his average will drop to the low to mid 70's(maybe even lower).
Not for me next season but would not be surprised to see him in a few teams come round 1 next season.

pommyadam

Quote from: mx187 on September 23, 2012, 06:24:14 PM
Got him late this season and payed the price, I agree think his average will drop to the low to mid 70's(maybe even lower).
Not for me next season but would not be surprised to see him in a few teams come round 1 next season.

you and me both
i picked him up over the bye period (after looking at his consistent start) and completely threw that out the window when i bought him in
can score high, but is too inconsistent for me

Shihan7

Way too inconsistent to even think about...