Guns and Duds or team of champs??

Started by grange76, January 02, 2013, 11:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grange76

Hi all
Happy new year
just wondering what your thoughts on picking guns in teams with lesser stars and more dispersed scoring (Ablett, Jobe, Murphy,Ebert etc) over the trio of Swan, Pendles and Beams. Are the Pies trio at risk either individually or if you have both/all of stealing points from each other or by others in the team. If Daisy/Cloke/sidebottom/jolly or others have a ripper then the guns will suffer.
So with it likely only to select one Pie mid who to pick or better to go Jobe or someone from a team with less tars to take points away??

I think each of the star pies mids will drop at some stage with their hard draw and thinking I may upgrade to them

Current mids: Ablett, Dangerfield, cotchin,murphy, fyfe, embley, omera, viney, rookie, rookie

Thoughts

Rowy

The fact that the Swan pendlebury and beams are priced in the top 4 should prove that they are all capable of scoring big points. swan and pendlebury have also shown in previous seasons that they can score big points with other players having big years.

Sabretooth Tigers

;)
Pendles had a fractured leg this season yet still averaged 124.7 from 18 games. It's probably a frightening thing to say but I reckon he can only get better and will not be affected by any Collingwood midfield set up. Cheers.

Torress

swan and pendles are the jets

its the rest of them you just don't know - beams is very much overpriced to start imo when you consider daisy had a down year with niggles and no ball. mind you no more wellingham.
however ball is a gun in and under i wouldn't be starting beams personally.

pendles or swan you can lock and load if thats how you want to structure up i think

kilbluff1985

i don't think Swan is that good for SC

would take Beams or Pendles over him

upthemaidens

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 04, 2013, 12:55:34 PM

Didnt Swan average more than Pendles and Beams last year?
I do agree he is more a DT player,but still its fair to say Swan will be in the top 8 Mids

upthemaidens

Quote from: grange76 on January 02, 2013, 11:59:22 AM
Hi all
Happy new year
just wondering what your thoughts on picking guns in teams with lesser stars and more dispersed scoring (Ablett, Jobe, Murphy,Ebert etc) over the trio of Swan, Pendles and Beams. Are the Pies trio at risk either individually or if you have both/all of stealing points from each other or by others in the team. If Daisy/Cloke/sidebottom/jolly or others have a ripper then the guns will suffer.
So with it likely only to select one Pie mid who to pick or better to go Jobe or someone from a team with less tars to take points away??

I think each of the star pies mids will drop at some stage with their hard draw and thinking I may upgrade to them

Current mids: Ablett, Dangerfield, cotchin,murphy, fyfe, embley, omera, viney, rookie, rookie

Thoughts
I think going only 1 Premium from the same team in a particular line  is the safer option, but I dont think having 2 magpies i.e. Beams and Pendles is a bad thing.. Wouldnt take 3 though..

kilbluff1985

Quote from: upthemaidens on January 04, 2013, 01:11:48 PM

I do agree he is more a DT player,but still its fair to say Swan will be in the top 8 Mids

Pendles was playing injured and is underpriced for what he can do

of course Swan will be in the top 8 but Pendles will average more than him

Southstorm

And of course, you run the risk of off-field problems with Swan (never again......)

upthemaidens

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 04, 2013, 01:19:02 PM
Quote from: upthemaidens on January 04, 2013, 01:11:48 PM

Pendles was playing injured and is underpriced for what he can do

of course Swan will be in the top 8 but Pendles will average more than him
(didnt Swan also have an injury affected match? or am I thinkin the year before?)
I do agree IF all are fit Pendles should average more, though I would say Swan will average more than Beams. Beams probably does have more upside, younger and all.
  Personally think i'll only be starting with Pendles(if any) and look at having one of the others as an upgrade target.
  Then other factors need to be included i.e. age, injury risk etc.

basil3134

Could Beams in 2013 be the NDS of 2012 ie be affected by absence and then return of star ball magnet ie Ball Hayes

kilbluff1985

Quote from: basil3134 on January 06, 2013, 06:37:25 PM
Could Beams in 2013 be the NDS of 2012 ie be affected by absence and then return of star ball magnet ie Ball Hayes

doubt it i think they will play Swan up forward a bit Swan for M/F 2014 lol

johnnytheboy1

Can't see Swan being made a DPP player unless he spends as much time as Rockliff did this yearfor the lions.