Main Menu

Brownlow medal votes per team

Started by Capper, September 25, 2012, 02:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

First of all, congrats to Jobe Watson on winning the Brownlow Medal. But after the count was done and Bruce went through the team lists i thought i noticed something interesting, so like Ossie would do, i got the spreadsheet out and did the sums.

The number of votes per team are listed starting with last place
18. GWS - 7 players polled 22 votes for GWS with Giles leading the count with 7 votes

17. Melbourne - 7 players polled 27 votes for the Dees with  Nathan Jones leading the count with 14 votes

16. Port Adelaide - 12 players polled 40 votes for Port with Brad Ebert leading the count with 9 votes

15. Western Bulldogs - 6 players polled 40 votes for the Dogs with Ryan Griffen leading the count with 11 votes

14. Gold Coast - 10 players polled 43 votes for the Suns with GAJ leading the count with 24 votes

13. Brisbane - 13 players polled 55 votes for the Lions with Rich and Rockliff leading the count with 8 votes each

12. Essendon - 10 players polled 65 votes for the Bombers with Watson winning the count with 30 votes

11. North Melbourne - 14 players polled 69 votes for the Roos with Swallow leading the count with 10 votes

10. St Kilda - 14 players polled 73 votes for the Saints with Hayes leading the count with 19 votes

9. Fremantle - 13 players polled 75 votes for the Dockers with Pavlich leading the count with 15 votes

8. Carlton - 17 players polled 76 votes for the Blues with Judd leading the count with 12 votes

7. Geelong - 12 players polled 79 votes for the Cats with Selwood leading the count with 14 votes

6. Richmond - 12 players polled 83 votes for the Tigers with Cotchin leading the count with 26 votes

5. West Coast - 14 players polled 83 votes for the Eagles with Scott Selwood leading the count with 15 votes

4. Collingwood - 11 players polled 85 votes for the Pies with Swan leading the count with 25 votes

3. Adelaide - 13 players polled 88 votes for the Crows with Thompson leading the count with 25 votes

2. Hawthorn - 17 players polled 92 votes for the Hawks with Mitchell leading the count with 26 votes

1. Sydney - 14 players polled 93 votes for the Swans with JPK leading the count with 19 votes

and we see that the top 4 finished top 4 in the count, with the Grand finalists finishing 1st and 2nd.

Will this be a good omen for the Swans finishing first??.....??  I hope so!!!!!

Cmon the Swans!!!!!!

Ringo

Interesting question for some of you more statistically minded people.  When was the last time no players from the winning team were awarded any Brownlow votes. Brisbane v West Coast game won by Brisbane but all Brownlow votes went to West Coast.