Jed Bews
Stats

2012 Games: 0

2012 Ave: 0

VFL Games: 20

FanPlanner Price: $100,200

Position: Defence

Thoughts
Bews has been starved of opportunity at the cats due to their supreme depth in defence since he was selected with the father-son rule in the 2011 draft. He played out 2012 in the VFL, playing 20 games being part of their premiership winning side. Bews will surely get his chance in 2013, with the likes of Matthew Scarlett, David Wojocinski, Tom Gilles no longer at the club while Taylor Hunt looks to be settling into a defensive midfield spot, seemingly leaving the door open for a player like Bews. He joined the club standing at 181cm and 78kg, he has now seriously bulked up and filled out into an AFL ready physique putting on 9kg since he joined the club, now a strong 87kg. He has never been a huge ball winner so far in his career, playing more of a lock down role on the small forwards while developing his game at VFL level. The son of Geelong great, Andrew, has worked closely with Corey Enright, modelling his game on the champion defender. While his scoring potential won’t reach the heights of some, it is defiantly worth watching his pre season form as he has bulked up immensely and there is an opening in the senior side which he will be raring to cement as his own.

Verdict
Finding bargain basement defenders for your bench can be tough, I believe Bews will get his chance this year, whether he plays 5 games or 15 is what needs to be tracked through the NAB Cup, he could be a solid cash cow for your side as he may well slot into a scoring position across half-back in a quality side.

Prediction
How many games is the question, 65.

AFEV

One of the many whose fate will be decided by NAB form.

If he blows it away and gets named round 1 he'll definitely be considered.

Ziplock

flower no. He averages like 40 DT points in the VFL... I really doubt the SC would be much higher.

Adamant

Much better options in Pittard, Colquhoun, Terlich, Stevenson, Goodes, Docherty etc.

Jay

Yeah its a no from me. Too many better options. If he kills it in NAB and is names R1 then maybe...

Ricochet

like others have said there are better options who have 1) greater scoring ability and 2) greater JS