Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

David Myers - Essendon Bombers

Position: Back
Price: $309,800 (fanplanner)

2011 Average: 68.7 (13 games)
2012 Average: 65.5 (9 games)

2012 Scores: 64, 31 (hammy), 73 (sub), 85, 77, 40, 83, 70, 67

Summary: There's no doubt David has potential to score well but the same cannot be said for his body. In the last two years the 23 year old has only managed 9 games in 2012 and 13 in 2011. Confidence in this kid playing a full season isn't great. But with a mid season slump and so many injuries down at Windy Hill this year, I really believe the Bombers will rethink their in season training programs and preseason. An easier workload and a bigger focus by the club on looking after the body could definitely see Myers play a full season.

Ric's Prediction: Has the ability to push an 80-85 average if he stays fit

Adamant

Nice one Ric.
Massive potential, reckon he can push an 80-odd avg if fit. Awkward price though...

Justin Bieber

Worth a look, but nah. Needs a discount...

Ricochet

Quote from: whatlez on September 10, 2012, 11:51:02 PM
Worth a look, but nah. Needs a discount...
doesn't he get a discount for only playing 9 games?

elephants

Zombie2.5

Yeah, don't think you could afford to get this bloke, but we can all see he has great potential, injuries have cursed him and the price isn't right for me. Pass for me. The bombers need to change like the crows did... No injuries.... :)

fortynine

At his current value he's not worth the risk. But a good preseason as you said could see his average go up if they start to use him as the preferred half-back release kick ala sucking/birchall. He has a great left foot and when he's able to use Essendon look better.

Definitely interesting in seeing how he turns out.

KoopKicka

Heppell21

On the radar - Price may be a bit off though

Windigo

Was on him at the start of this year. But don't think there is much incentive to pick him up....

Lot of potential but injuries are problem.  :-\

Torpedo10

If you have the balls go for him, massive payoff if he works out.

elephants

Needs to prove he can string together a season without going down.

Pass at this stage :)

Capper

You want me to have 2 bombers players in my team? Ar eyou serious?? No ones enough heeart ache with Watson. Also looking to go prem and rookie in the backs this year after last year

Shihan7

Nice write up Ric. Not for me at that price, would have been worth a look at 250k...