Main Menu

*relatively* small favor :P

Started by Ziplock, September 24, 2012, 07:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

So, basically I've been trying to give blood since I was 16... went ok my first time, then my second, 3rd, and 4th felt light headed, and so copped a 2 year ban when I was 17. My ban was up, so this year,  I went to try again, got dizzy again and copped a 5 year ban :(

So, I'm just putting a shout out to all you who don't get dizzy from donating blood, to donate as much as possible, as often as you can- some people really, really need it, and if you're not a person who gets dizzy or faints, it's actually beneficial to your health, and there's always someone who's incredibly grateful for it- donations greatly improved the quality and length of my mums life when she was sick, which is why I keep trying, even though I really suck.

So, I hope I've convinced someone to do it- they accept pretty much everyone so long as you don't have aids, malaria, mad cow disease, weigh over 45 kg and are 16+ :P

Justin Bieber

Ziplock

elephants

Quote from: Ziplock on September 24, 2012, 08:15:41 PM
the red cross lol.

Wow, reckless :P

Yeah, its a great cause though and I urge all to get behind it.

Justin Bieber

I feel sick at the moment, but I could consider it when I get better...

Ziplock

they give you food afterwards :P

I dont personally understand why I have to get banned for feeling a bit light headed, but w.e :P

Spinking

Can't support this thread any more strongly! Good on you Zip for having a go, and I also encourage anyone who can to do the same!

I'd never given blood before until earlier this year, when I was the recipient of about 2 litres of the red stuff during major surgery. Saved my life and shocked me into seeing the importance of it.

Have now been in twice to donate and will continue to do it once every 3 months.

13Brummy

I fainted when giving like 50mL for a blood test, think i would struggle for a 500mL donation  :-[

BGK

Everyone should get behind this. Unfortunately I was born with a hole in my heart and I also have a blood disorder that prevents me. I encourage everyone to do what they can to make up for people like myself and Zip who want to give but can't. You never know when someone you love will need blood.

Ziplock

Quote from: 13Brummy on September 24, 2012, 08:47:38 PM
I fainted when giving like 50mL for a blood test, think i would struggle for a 500mL donation  :-[

you can give it a shot, might be surprised... normally you have blood tests when unwell after all.

I presume that's a physical hole, and not a metaphorical one kai? :P

yeah, like as I said, I'll try again in 5 years if I've bulked up... if I fail then though I cop a life ban lol.

fidou

I can't give blood anymore as I'm taking "hypertension"medication. Although the girls give as regular as possible.