Cotchin
22 (57.9%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Toga

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 06, 2013, 07:03:14 PM
Quote from: Toga on January 06, 2013, 06:59:02 PM
Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 06, 2013, 06:48:36 PM
Quote from: Toga on January 06, 2013, 06:06:59 PM
I don't think its so much boyd will be a bad pick, i think its more so there are other blokes (e.g. Pendles, Cotch, Murphy) that have more upside and could increase their averages to the tune of boyd's, but are cheaper, making them better selections (albeit maybe with a bit of risk).
Why is the cheaper guy a better selection? Im not going to say Murphy is a bad pick cos he's not but he had a nasty shoulder injury/surgery last year and has had another operation in the off season aswell as a minor knee op .. so some players are cheaper for obvious reasons .. Cotchin is only 20K less than Boyd, 20k aint gonna make much difference.

The cheaper guy is a better option if they jave the potential to out score Boyd in 2013. As I said, there is some risk involved, but if you think Cotchin will go 115 and Boyd might go 110, why wouldn't you pick Cotchin!

^btw those numbers are hypothetical lol but do you know what I mean?
Because Boyd is a proven scorer .. and he's consistent/durable worth the extra cash imo .. but i dont actually have him at the moment  :-X i just cant understand why he would be a bad pick considering he sored the most points in DT in 2012

Not saying he's a bad pick, just highlighting a reason why people are gonna go the young guys over Boyd! I actually have Boyd over cotch atm ;)

Adamant

Just managed to squeeze Boydy into the team. :D

My current midfield of: Swan, Ablett, Boyd, Pendles, Murphy + rooks is looking quite scary now. :o

Toga

Quote from: Adamant on January 07, 2013, 04:35:46 AM

My current midfield of: Swan, Ablett, Boyd, Pendles, Murphy + rooks is looking quite scary now. :o

That looks amazingly good ada :o

How's the rest of your lines looking?

Adamant

Quote from: Toga on January 07, 2013, 12:36:02 PM
Quote from: Adamant on January 07, 2013, 04:35:46 AM

That looks amazingly good ada :o

How's the rest of your lines looking?

The rest of my lines are still looking fairly strong to be honest.

Down back, I've got 4 premos (Goddard, Gibbs, Grimes, Duffman) + rooks.

Sandilands-Berger combo in the ruck.

The forward line is probably where it suffers the most - Rockliff, Thomas, Robinson, Sylvia, Varcoe + rooks.

I've actually made another team on the Fanplanner (the one above is on the team picker) and on the Fanplanner, I have Mundy/Fyfe over Boyd, and Buddy/Stevie J over Sylvia. Not sure which structure I like better though.

Windigo

I've done a similar thing with my team.

Only I've gone with 3 premium fwds & a Knights "n" Varcoe combo up front.

Grazz

Quote from: Windigo on January 07, 2013, 10:59:20 PM

Also done much the same but have taken 4 Prem fwds and Knights and Varcoe.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Grazz on January 07, 2013, 11:14:18 PM

sounds very strong m8

Grazz

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 08, 2013, 12:26:57 AM
Quote from: Grazz on January 07, 2013, 11:14:18 PM

sounds very strong m8

It is a strong Fwd line but strengthen one you weaken another dont you. Main reason for it is the lack of Fwd rookies at the minute.
I think Knights and Varcoe can make a decent dollar for me and avg around 80. One of these two will become another Fwd prem with a double trade fairly quickly or atleast around bye time. Have known Travis since he was 10, had a good chat to him in the local the other week and he feels in the best shape he's been in since arriving at the Cats, he'll play various rolls in 2013. Most importantly he'll make money.