Main Menu

Darren Jolly

Started by nrich102, December 05, 2012, 09:56:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

QuoteCOLLINGWOOD ruckman Darren Jolly says it's "just impossible" to now play out a full season with the physicality and intensity of the game increasing each year.

The 31-year-old, who was managed during 2012 and played 20 games, including all three of the Pies' finals, has predicted his program for next season will follow a similar pattern.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2012-12-04/jollys-impossible-season

Is this be his last season?

quinny88

Sounds that way. I assume they will only get 1 year out of Hudson as well but is a year enough for Grundy to be able to assume the #1 Ruck position at the biggest club in the comp or will they go after someone else next off season?

Spite

Quote from: quinny88 on December 06, 2012, 02:23:56 PM
Sounds that way. I assume they will only get 1 year out of Hudson as well but is a year enough for Grundy to be able to assume the #1 Ruck position at the biggest club in the comp or will they go after someone else next off season?

...Jarrod Witts as #1 ruck with a Grundy tag team combo ;)

elephants

Quote from: Spite on December 10, 2012, 04:29:13 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on December 06, 2012, 02:23:56 PM

...Jarrod Witts as #1 ruck with a Grundy tag team combo ;)

Corey Gault  at number 3?

ossie85

My guess is Jolly (barring injury) has 3 years left in him.

Ziplock

he could hit 300 games then :P

Grazz

I think if they manage him properly which they obviously are doing to the best of their ability he's got a couple of seasons left atleast. Hudson could go a couple and slowly reduce his onfield role passing the batton to the younger group steadily. They seem by reputation to of got the cattle with Witts and Grundy so a couple of years of developement under Jolly and Hudson plus others could be enough to fast track the big guys who traditionally take time. I wouldnt under estimate Collingwoods ability to do this with success. They arent a powerhouse by luck.