Main Menu

OTHER AFL COMPS NEW BOARDS.

Started by Colliwobblers, September 05, 2012, 03:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

Hi Feedback people. Just thinking in order to further promote and then have a place to discuss, it would be good to have a

Virtual Sports Sportal Fantasy Football competition board  AND

A Sports Bet Fantasy Football competition board,

inside the "other AFL competitions" like the World 15's board.

I have noticed getting new boards is not easy, but these are two legitimate Fantasy Football competitions that exist that it would be good to grow the FF members participation in since they are fantasy football competitions like DT and SC, and we should aim to have them dominated by FF members.

Not to mention there are prizes on offer :) small prizes relevant to the number of people who play these competitions, but a growth in people playing them should see a growth in prizes also!.

Winning DT and SC is a real long shot, winning these competitions is very possible and WAS or almost was achieved this season by FF members.

Just a thought. The 2 new 15's competitions we have are also based on these fantasy scoring systems, so again, to grow membership and participation in these competitions is good for the new 15's exposure.

Ziplock

so...

why does the VS and SB get a board ahead of euros? :P

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Ziplock on September 05, 2012, 03:42:49 PM
so...

why does the VS and SB get a board ahead of euros? :P

They don't :) Os has already requested separate boards inside the world 15's i think, so that would come first...

This just to separate the 2 fantasy comps from the general "everything" that goes in under "other AFL comps"

I wouldn't think these comps (VS and SB) would ever grow to or need setting up like DT ans SC with all their sub categories, but surely a single board for each is appropriate?

Ziplock

oh lol.

I dunno, 2 comps per board is completely navigatable (see euros/ worlds set up). Seperate boards would solve a lot of head ache though.

m0nty

I don't see a whole lot of activity in the Other AFL comps board to justify splitting it up. The 15s boards have a stronger case.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: m0nty on September 05, 2012, 04:06:41 PM
I don't see a whole lot of activity in the Other AFL comps board to justify splitting it up. The 15s boards have a stronger case.

Thanks Monty, your right the 15's has the greatest need for sure.

Maybe give us a year to grow the participation in VS and SB comps, and I'll come back to you after next season :)

Justin Bieber

Yeah it's mainly me and grazz and maybe dudge.

We will post more if we get our own little board :P

Ziplock

Quote from: Colliwobblers on September 05, 2012, 04:20:48 PM
Quote from: m0nty on September 05, 2012, 04:06:41 PM

Thanks Monty, your right the 15's has the greatest need for sure.

Maybe give us a year to grow the participation in VS and SB comps, and I'll come back to you after next season :)

lol, I thought thats what we were talking about :P

nah VS/ SB dont justify a split board yet.

Colliwobblers

No the request is premature, the idea tho, that FF members would come onto the forum see DT, see SC, then see this VS and SB comps, check it out and potentially join up, thus growing those competitions.

We'll do some recruiting next pre-season and see if we can't get a lot of new members involved and as I said raise it again the following year.

Having the different scoring systems to DT and SC made them a bit of fun this season, and if there are 4 comps people go in, it may prevent some from making multiple DT and SC teams....

Plus as those comps grow, so might their prizes :)