A Quick Story

Started by DT Sainter, August 26, 2012, 08:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zombie2.5

:o

Bad luck mate, but it means you'll get him next time!

In one of my leagues, I went undefeated for the season until the last game before finals...... then went out in straight sets from 1st place..... :(   Thought I had league in the bag.....  :'(

Possumo

Quote from: Zombie2.5 on August 28, 2012, 01:25:16 AM

In one of my leagues, I went undefeated for the season until the last game before finals...... then went out in straight sets from 1st place..... :(   Thought I had league in the bag.....  :'(

Yep, the same thing happened to the guy that finished #1 in our league. He had dominated all year and was ranked in the top 1k, only to lose to me in the first round of the finals, and then get beaten again in the semis! The lucky thing for me was that I managed to just sneak into 4th place by 0.02 of a percentage due to my last league match... had I finished 5th I would've been smashed by Nick Maxwell's team in 8th!

Zombie2.5

Quote from: Possumo on August 28, 2012, 05:20:17 AM

Yep, the same thing happened to the guy that finished #1 in our league. He had dominated all year and was ranked in the top 1k, only to lose to me in the first round of the finals, and then get beaten again in the semis! The lucky thing for me was that I managed to just sneak into 4th place by 0.02 of a percentage due to my last league match... had I finished 5th I would've been smashed by Nick Maxwell's team in 8th!

Nice! Are you still in the granny? Would be an amazing finals series for you if you win! ;)

Possumo

Quote from: Zombie2.5 on August 29, 2012, 12:26:34 AM
Quote from: Possumo on August 28, 2012, 05:20:17 AM

Nice! Are you still in the granny? Would be an amazing finals series for you if you win! ;)

Hah nah, I've posted this in like 2-3 other topics, but I ended up losing this week thanks to pretty much all of my uniques spudding it up... Hayes (who I should've traded to Boyd two weeks ago, but thought twice due to the fact that Hayes was playing the GWS), Mitchell, Goldstein (honestly... 24?! I know Sandi is good but that's just...), Adcock (made the mistake of trading for the byes, when I ended up losing my Rd. 12 match anyway) and Waters. Also decided to bench Martin, and trade Robinson to Johnson. Seemed like a good idea at the time! Still have one trade left too, whilst he decided to just bench Robinson, so he probably has none left.

Heppell21

Flowering shower, unlucky!

nrich102

stew42

Dream Team is a fickle thing indeed. Let me run through my trade ins since Round 18.

Round 18: In M. Johnson (averaged 64.4 since bringing him in, as opposed to averaging 87 before that)
Round 20: In G. Ablett (averaged 121, but only one +100 score in those three games)
                In M. Pavlich (average 68.5. Missed a game.)
Round 22: In B. Waters (Got 53, lowest score of the season)

It's incredible. Really, it is.

nrich102

That happened to me, but I went undefeated till round 3 of the finals