2 remaining trades. Should i?

Started by leighroids, August 23, 2012, 11:42:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leighroids

Hey all.
Ive been scratching my head all week trying to decide how i should go about using these last 2 trades. Hearing all these rumors aswell about Pendles, Pav and McEvoy isnt helping my cause.
Only got 600 in the kity making this quite difficult.
Ok so heres my team.
Deledio, Scotland, Goddard, M Johnson, Birchall, Adcock, Lake    S Shaw Darley
Ablett, Waddo, JSelwood, Dal Santo, Priddis, Pendles     Treloar, Gibson
Cox McEvoy    Stephenson Campbell
Danger, Pav, Sidebum, Roughead, Chapman. Martin. Zorko    MIlera Smedts

Im looking at 4 prelims this week and dont wanna drop below the top 1000 overall (sitting exactly 1000th)
Dal Santo has been stinking it up, but i possibly cant trade him this week against GWS. I was thinking of leaving 1 trade for next week and trading him to S Thompson.
was thinking of trading out Lake or MJ, but with only 600 to spend, wont be worth it unless i make another significant downgrade.
Do i really need Beams in my team to be that bit more competitive, if so how?
Or if i dont have injury issues this week, then should i leave this team save 2 trades for grand final (if i make), or do i need to use both trades this week in order to help me get into a grand final.
Any thoughts suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Cheers given also. :)

dmac07

I guess it comes down to how confident you are about winning your current match ups. If your not that confident on winning your most important games, then trading wouldn't be a bad idea. If everyone is named (and thats just guesswork rigfht now). I can see two trades that look good.

Firstly, downgrade to make cash  Treloar > Rookie. Leaving you with Gibson still as mid back up.

Then
1. Martin > Beams
2. Dal Santo > Swan

Swan should come out on fire this week and is no chance of being a withdrawal or rested next week after having the last two weeks off. Beams is another good option, but may drop his score slightly with Swan back, from 170 down to a more likely 110-120. Dal Santo should get a garunteed 100 this week, but the saints will most likely having 5-7 players score 100-130, as most teams seem to do against gws/gc with no more big 150+s than in other games.

leighroids

Thanx dmac. I like your ideas. Im confident in all except one of my leagues. That happens tp be my money one aswell, haha.

ubeaut

Like me ur weakness seems to bee Johnson and Lake in defense. Like me I would consider improving Lake. Johnson should hopefully score well next week.

leighroids

I see what u mean ubeaut. Now Selwood out has thrown another spanner in the works.
Im now considering only the 1 trade.
Selwood to Thompson. Banking 60k. So leaving Martin on the field, benching Lake.
OR hows this idea.
Selwood to Thompson then Martin or Treloar to one of Stevie J, Walker, Petrie.
Hmmmm what to do.

quinny88

Very similar predicament im in.
Just dont know how valuable those trades are gonna be next week
And alternatively dont know how much it could hurt not using them and potentially not making the grand final

leighroids

Are ya quinny? What are you thinking for your team? It sucks doesnt it? Ive got 3 grand finals to defend from last year lol.
I pretty much have to make up my mind tonight cause tomorrow im working a long one, and wont be home until after lockout. Not gonna get a chance tomorrow.

quinny88

Ive changed my mind 100 times. My main decision is weather to risk putting treloar/gibson at m6 for the week or just to trade selwood to murphy or something.

But then theres also my fwd line which i had my heart set on getting stevie j into all week.

2 trades left, dont know weather to do 1, or both