Gibson and Franklin out for S Johnson and Harvey?

Started by Madmax75, August 21, 2012, 06:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madmax75

Franklin being out last weekend was the last straw. Surely going into a prelim I cant risk him being subbed and he has missed 6 weeks? Anyone with him what are you doing. Only have a few k in the bank so cant afford much more than Stevie J and Harvey. I have 4 trades left. Good options?

Team :

Team:
B Goddard Deledio Waters Carrots Scotland Lake Grimes  ( S Shaw Spurr    )
C Gabj Thompson Watson Priddis Selwood Pendles (Baguley Gibson)
R Cox Kreuzer (Giles big o)
F  Sidebottom Danger Zorko Martin Beams Cloke Dickson(couch Franklin )

kilbluff1985

in your position with 4 trades i would downgrade Giles and upgrade Dickson or downgrade Kreuzer instead of Giles

Harvey is a bit of a risk imo to much of a chance he might get 70 or something

then you can do another upgrade next week like maybe Lake

Ringo

Congratulations with 4 trades still left.  I traded Buddy for Beams 4 weeks ago so do not have him.  Giving you 3 possible options to consider as you need 2 trades this week.
This week
Option 1.
Downgrade Kreuzer/Giles to rookie Ruck
Upgrade Cloke to forward you can afford.

Option 2.
Franklin to Stevie J
Cloke to Petrie or similar priced forward you can afford.

Option 3
Franklin to Pavlich
Downgrade Giles Kruezer/Giles for cash.

Assess next week as where you need to trade to match opponent.

Madmax75

Some great options there thanks for the replies. I would prefer to keep my three playing rucks as I've got backups in all positions for cover. What do you think of the Steve Johnson trade, my opponent has him and he could go off v the bulldogs?

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Madmax75 on August 21, 2012, 03:29:12 PM
Some great options there thanks for the replies. I would prefer to keep my three playing rucks as I've got backups in all positions for cover. What do you think of the Steve Johnson trade, my opponent has him and he could go off v the bulldogs?

just think if you downgrade a ruck you can upgrade 2 players and keep Franklin imo it's the best move

Madmax75

Very tempting as I've kept him this long, but you wouldnt start him this week with The hawks saying if he does play then he will more than likely play a half. If he's not named this week then he has to go.

kilbluff1985

fair call, you can keep him on the bench and if he does not play this week next week you can trade him and do the second upgrade probably in defense then next week you will have a very strong team

however if Buddy is named i would start him over Cloke Or Dickson and just make sure you have the E on who you keep but it's not a bad move to keep him on the bench i just would not do it

Madmax75

Yer im sort of with you. Im concerned that he will be named and play a half. If hes named and doesnt play then I have cover or if he is not named then he is out, Pretty handy x factor and unique in the sc gf if I can get thru though

The Supercoach

harvey probably going to get crowly tag if wells doesnt play, and against gws he will tear it up with 3 votes or he could be rested

Jay

Downgrade Giles to 94k ruc/fwd
Upgrade Cloke - Petrie and Taylor Walker should score well in coming weeks

tor01doc

Madmax75

Hmmm my 3 ruck strategy was in place as Insurance against Cox being rested but they can't afford now. Otherwise if Stephenson doesn't play and I bring in a 94 k ruck who isn't playing then i have no back up ruck. The question now is really to keep buddy or not? If he's not named this week surely not? Even if he is ? If I trade him and Cloke then I should be as to get two decent forwards and keep my backup ruck.