Another fwd poll

Started by Blues Blues Blues, August 21, 2012, 05:13:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3spots, 4players. Please pick which player gets benched ( ie DOES NOT PLAY)

Martin (v Ess @ MCG)
14 (58.3%)
Goodes (v Haw @ SCG)
5 (20.8%)
Chapman (v WB @ SS)
5 (20.8%)
Zorko (v Port @ AS)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Blues Blues Blues

Martin - scored 54, but surely should tear up the Bombers on Fri nyt?
Goodes - has been poor other than last weeks 131 (but was against Bulldogs). Hawks will be tougher to score against?
Chapman - scored 62 and appears to be playing fwd, and calf a concern? Although did kick 1.4 so could have been more?
Zorko - last few weeks been below where we are used to seeing him, but should carve up Port?

Current fwd line:

Beams, Sidey, Danger, Stevie J, GOODES, ZORKO, CHAPMAN (MARTIN, Darling)

Appreciate the advice!

kilbluff1985

i think Chapman looks best option was just easing himself back in after a week off should be right this week

Blues Blues Blues

Quote from: kilbluff1995 on August 21, 2012, 05:25:47 AM
i think Chapman looks best option was just easing himself back in after a week off should be right this week
Sorry mate, I just reworded my question in poll to make it clearer. I need to pick one to bench, not which one to play. You think Chappy should play, so which of the other 3 gets the pine in your opinion?

kilbluff1985

oh ok lol

i might bench Goodes in this case Hawks defense is pretty tight don't see it being a high scoring game

Martin should do ok vs Bombers but it's a real coin flip could go either way with all 4 of them but i would probably bench Goodes and hope it's the right choice

Elite87

its a toughy, all of them are capable of pulling out big tons..but at the same time can churn a lowly 60-70..

Agree with BluesBluesBlues... Martin should tear the bombers a new one (hard for me to say being a Dons supporter). Same goes for Zorko against the Power.

Goodes may have a tough day against the Hawks but he's a champ and should stand up to the occasion. Pretty hard to bench him..

Chappys calf puts a cloud over him, though he did get enough of the ball last week to get close to a ton, but didnt seem to use it as efficiently has he would normally. For this reason I would bench the Chapman..

tbagrocks

I wouldn't wait for Dusty to score a ton when the others have regularly!

fever

quinny88

Tough choice!
Better to have options like this though when some are struggling to field a fwd line.
I would bench Dusty, only just! Probably just personal, as he has let me down a lot of times this year!

ubeaut

I vote Martin too. Chappy is playing deep forward but should have enough opportunities vs Doggies. Martin would have to be the biggest flop/dissapointment of the year. I always planned to get him in sometime after the byes but he just continues to dissapoint his owners so I've stayed away. He needs to work harder, it's no good being talented if u don't put the work in. When he dvelops some consistency and plays for 4 quarters then I'll pick him (if FWD eligible).

Now we've all bagged him out he'll score 120 versus my useless team. ::)

I have been holding off and holding off on getting Goodes back but he MAY just have turned the corner. Has a history of finishing seasons strongly and lifting for big games.

I think Zorko should do well vs Port.

Blues Blues Blues

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. Appears overwhelming consensus is to bench Dusty, so I'll follow that advice. Obviously, depending on teams tomorrow nyt.

Cheers to all