Do I use last trades?

Started by Slammer, August 20, 2012, 04:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slammer

Hey all,

Just wondering if I should use my last trades this week or not (of course depending on the GS injury etc.)
This is how it looks on paper so far.
2 trades and $134K
Could go Suckling to Birchall or bring in S.Shaw and bench Suckling.
Or go Treloar to Steve J and Dal Santo to Selwood.
Not sure...Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Him            vs          Me

Dempsey     -           Waters
Lake           -           Suckling

Watson      -            Thompson
Hayes        -             Dal Santo

Cox           -             Maric

ROK          -             Beams
Steve J     -             Danger
N.Roo       -             Harvey
J. Roo       -             Fyfe
Cloke        -              Zorko

Elite87

IMO you have the edge over him in the backline.. just..

He may have you in the midfield though, as Thomo hasn't been his best whereas Jobe is killing it.. Lenny doing well also.

Your forward line is alot stronger than his, especially with Beams/Danger.. Hes got a few weak links with Cloke playing below expectation, and NRoo out.. JRoo is inconsistent.

I like the suckling to Birchall move. Slight risk of Birch being rested. If you want to save money go S.Shaw, otherwise Birch is your man. That should only take you 1 trade given the cash you have on hand.

I suggest you use 1 trade if any (you may not need it, but its better to use them and win safely than being knocked out with 2 trades left)

tor01doc

Unfortunately he has a much wilder side than yours, by which I mean his could score anywhere from 1 to 1000!

Dempsey, Lake, Cloke, Cox, ROK, SJ, JRoo can all fire and blow you away...but could have quiet days and leave you a huge winner even if you don't trade.

I would trade. And use both to make sure I win.

Dal Santo has the Giants so hard to get rid of him but otherwise I'd be ditching him.

I feel The General is heading to Adelaide this week so an obvious trade may be forced upon you.

Suckling can be very up and down and vs Swans on SCG will be tough. Not much space to run into and to swing onto that lovely left foot of his. Tight game coming up there probably won't suit him with more one on one. (30, 77 and 82 last 3 vs Swans - not sure what the 30 was?)

I would rate you as $1.62 - same as Richmond v Essendon!!

Worst thing would be to go out with trades left.

Wait for teams, top up where needed and win.

kilbluff1985

yeah i would go Suckling to Birchall why they don't use Sucklings kicking skills more is beyond me

nostradamus

l think you win in both backline and in the forwards, so why not upgrade your mids

.....you could go Thompson to Murphy, and Dal Santo to any of Redden, Montagna, Bartel or Sidebottom

tor01doc

I agree with nostradamus (cool name by the way) to an extent...but NDS vs Giants is tempting.

Maybe then use one trade and keep one for NDS or injury / suspension / soreness in the GF - but be warned if you miss you will look back and that spare trade won't help you win it if you're not in it, innit?

Torpedo10

I would seriously consider NDS>Watson if you can. Your backs clearly better and you should win unless Watto fires and Thommo+NDS don't.

Slammer

Thanks guys for replies.
Yeah it's a tough call. NDS could rack them up against GWS or everyone could get amongst it so he will not score as high.

northernstar

He has Travis Cloke. You win!