Main Menu

Two more sign!

Started by roo boys!, August 22, 2012, 08:12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roo boys!

ossie85

BEN REID!!! YES!!!! He was the one I was most worried about, although Pendlebury-Swan-Thomas-Beams-Sidebottom are awesome, a team can save with say only 4 brilliant midfielders instead of 5.

Ben Reid could be a general in defense for another decade

Big fan of Fas also

Fletch74

Still not Cloke though... TBH, he's gone. Both Reis and Fasolo are good players, but the Cloke family are asking too much for what he's worth IMO and he will find other pastures at the EOS.

Spinking

Quote from: Fletch74 on August 22, 2012, 10:42:28 AM
Still not Cloke though... TBH, he's gone. Both Reis and Fasolo are good players, but the Cloke family are asking too much for what he's worth IMO and he will find other pastures at the EOS.

I agree.  Surely the coffers are almost empty now.

I also think that the way the Clokes approached things influenced the decision.  At a proud club like Collingwood you want players who want to play for you, not blokes who will hold you to ransom for some extra coin. 

ossie85

Can I dream of a Cloke -- Tippett trade?

Fletch74

Quote from: ossie85 on August 22, 2012, 11:46:25 AM

Surely Cloke is worth more than Tippett though?

CrowsFan

Haha I doubt it considering Tippett wants to go back to Queensland not scummy Victoria :P

KoopKicka

Quote from: CrowsFan on August 22, 2012, 12:13:06 PM

Haha I doubt it considering Tippett wants to go back to Queensland not scummy Victoria :P

+1 ;)

Port would benefit from a key forward, pity we're bloody broke. :/

ossie85

Quote from: Fletch74 on August 22, 2012, 11:52:42 AM

Surely Cloke is worth more than Tippett though?

Yes, but if someone better available let me know :)

Cruiseon

Signing Reid is really good news. With him, Brown and Keeffe the key defenders are now locked.

Two other points, we'll be having all the same discussions in 2014 with all the two year deals that have been done!

And Os as for other good key forwards, I'd take Mr Goddard in a straight swap despite the age difference.

meow meow

Just Goldsack and Harry O to go now.

I know a player sponsor who talks to a certain player regularly, and he says that Wellingham and Cloke are GONE.