Final trade - Broughton or Stanton out?

Started by Talisman, August 08, 2012, 01:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talisman

Def: Deledio, Scotland, Carrazzo, Goddard, Houli, Lake, Baguley, (Broughton, Wrigley)

Mid: Swan, Ablett, Boyd, Stanton, Pendlebury, Thompson (Gibson, Clifton)

Ruck: Cox, Maric (Redden, Campbell)

Fwd: Sidebottom, Franklin, Chapman, Zorko, Dangerfield, S.Johnson, Martin (Treloar, Murdoch)

Cash = $93,000

Trades = 1.

(Gibson to cover Swan whilst suspended)

Option 1: Trade out Broughton for a premium def of no more than $419,000 (eg. Birchall)

Option 2: Trade out Stanton for a midfield premium of no more than $500,000 (eg. Cotchin, J.Selwood, S.Mitchell, Pavlich)

Broughton gone for the year, Stanton's scoring has fallen of a cliff the last 4 weeks (ave. 76.25) - which needs to go? Birchall and Mitchell have a nice run to end the year with the Hawks, as does Cotchin, Selwood playing solid footy & scoring well (as are the Cats) & the Super-Pav has put his cape on in the 2nd half of the year & is absolutely killing it + finishes with a soft-ish draw... Esp. Melb on GF day (assuming I make it - 2nd on league ladder, 1st on total points)

Any thoughts much appreciated!

KoopKicka

Talisman

kilbluff1985

yeah i'd go Broughton to Birchall

Stanton back this week or next

Elite87

IMO, Broughton to Birchall is the way to go. Stanton will be back, and you have good cover in Gibson for the next week or so.

Ajax22

I'd hold until you need to cover a donut. But if you're set on trading Broughton - Birchall would be my choice

Bak2Form

Windigo

Broughts is out for the season, so he is just dead weight.