Buddy > Cyril, Ellis > Fisher

felsty

B: Goddard, Deledio, Scotland, H.Shaw, Waters, Lake, Malceski <S.Shaw, Ellis>
M: Ablett, Pendlebury, Jelwood, Boyd, Priddis, Dal Santo <Gibson, Sexton>
R: Cox, Jacobs <Stephenson, Redden>
F: Franklin, Dangerfield, Beams, Pavlich, Chapman, Martin, Zorko <Adams, Saad>

2 TRADES REMAINING
$43,900 REMAINING

A few problems, namely Buddy and my shallow backline of late (Lake, Malceski)
I've made the top 4 in all my 5 leagues with a ranking just inside 2k
I know I have the second chance but am thinking a trade might still help me win and have a week off
At the moment Saad has to be on the ground for Franklin, which isn't too bad against the Demons (expecting a 70-80), and I'll back Lake and Malceski in over Ellis and Sammy Shaw

Here are my options..

OPTION 1 - Don't trade! Buddy will be back next week and I have the second chance, plus have been hitting consistenly high scores of late

OPTION 2 - Do the one trade, Suckling in for Sam Shaw. I'm 10k of doin the same trade with Ellis. This would relegate either Malceski or Lake to the bench and get Suckling in for games against Port and GC.

OPTION 3 - Trade out Ellis and Sexton for a rookie price D/F and Michael Johnson. This way Johnson could plug holes for Franklin and then be moved to the backline to support Lake and Malceski. Freo have a few easy games (Tigers and Melbourne at home) to finish the year

OPTION 4 - Buddy and Ellis out for Sidebottom and Birchall. Would solve a lot of problems however I would use up both trades which I'm not sure if that's the best idea

OPTION 5 - Buddy and Ellis for Rioli and Fisher. Once again it would solve a lot of problems but both trades will be goneski!

Pick an option and help me out or alternatively open my mind up to further possibilities :) thanks guys!

tor01doc

Being honest I would say sit, but since I am a conniving illegitimate son of non married parents, trade away so your possible opponent in 2 weeks' time has a better chance to upset your awesome team.

felsty

mm I'm starting to swing that way but Suckling against Port makes me drool.. Could be an extra 80 points on top of what Lake has been dishin up, and he has to compete with Jack Riewoldt this week!

Elite87

If it looks like being a close one between you and your opponent this round. (and you really want a break next week).. i say go the Buddy > Sidebottom, Ellis > Birchall  trades...

If you think you are a good chance to win, save the trades... which you will obviously have to use next week, if you lose, and you may not need to trade Buddy as he may have returned saving you 1 trade to use elsewhere.

IMO I would go the Buddy > Sidebottom, Ellis > Birchall  trades... I am actually doing a similar trade this round (Buddy to Sidey, Porps to Birch), finished top 4 so Im in a similar predicament to you...

felsty

Quote from: Elite87 on August 10, 2012, 10:21:28 AM
If it looks like being a close one between you and your opponent this round. (and you really want a break next week).. i say go the Buddy > Sidebottom, Ellis > Birchall  trades...

If you think you are a good chance to win, save the trades... which you will obviously have to use next week, if you lose, and you may not need to trade Buddy as he may have returned saving you 1 trade to use elsewhere.

IMO I would go the Buddy > Sidebottom, Ellis > Birchall  trades... I am actually doing a similar trade this round (Buddy to Sidey, Porps to Birch), finished top 4 so Im in a similar predicament to you...

How many trades do you have left though?