Main Menu

Ziplock was right

Started by ossie85, August 23, 2012, 09:32:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Colliwobblers on August 23, 2012, 05:08:11 PM
I think new members to fanfooty cannot be relied to the extent that existing XV's coaches can be - no offence intended.

my point is there is commitment required in the off season and every week ( as i have taken pains to make very clear in the Asians) so clear in fact that i managed to turn a couple of people away. Which was my objective.

We only want dedicated coaches that are going to commit to the requirements and be in it for the long haul.

THAT SAID - We do want to bring new coaches into the competitions that will be long term FF members and fulfil the requirements of the XV's competitions (if they wish to enter).

So to sort the chaff from the hay I think it best for coaches of existing teams in any of the 4 XV's  that would be open to handing over a team if they have multiple - to mentor the new interested coach for a season, and if the new interested coach fits the bill and still wants a team then there can be a handover.

I think handing teams to new guys immediately they say they are interested would be a mistake.

As for the 4 XV's competitions I will wait for C4 to say his piece before I add to that debate which I am CERTAIN you all will too :)

Just food for thought. Each competition admin should also act as directors of all the.teams in there league. If a coach is.nt performing to an acceptable level then the admin can sack and people could apply for the vacant position. Same with people who resign the admin would sort through all applicants instead of just passing it on.

Colliwobblers

This is how the Asians will work :) No one will ever be sacked without good reason, but there are standards set out to be maintained by all teams as well as by administration.

I think I summed it up well in my description where I said " Coaching a team is like holding a license to run the team, but all teams remain the property of FF".

I aim to run the Asians at least to the standard of the existing XV's competitions and expect the same from coaches running teams, understanding FF can decide at any point to "Claim" TAKE the Asians competition away and or TAKE teams away from people running them.

* By FF I mean Os/Monty :)

however all this may be relevant or irrelevant when C4v3m4N finally posts his ideas up.........

Scrads

Quote from: whatlez on August 23, 2012, 05:39:00 PM
I have 3 teams... I applied for both, before I was forutately given a Euros team :)

I am happy to give up a team next year if someone is new and wants to play. (In British my team is youngish and won't win next year so I think it would be fine for someone to take over as they are not given a premiership winning side)

But I do not agree on someone like Holz, actually Holz giving up his Englishs team and BB leaves as well if thats how it works out. Giving that team to a newbie IMO is unfair as that team has already essentially won the British premiership. Giving that to someone new because they don't have a team is stupid and unfair for anyone who drafted to lose to someone who is given the best team by far in the competition.

But yeah cause my British team is average and will only be competitive if I trade strong, I see giving them a side like mine fair and won't give an advantage to a new coach.

Also with Nails saying more comps... I don't think so... if new players want to play, their combo coaching team should maybe offload one or two so new coaches can have a go.

And with people saying they do nothing as assistant coach. I was practically running the Wolves in Euros, before I received my own team. Scrads was busy a lot and I was the one doing all the work submitted the team about 8 weeks straight.

Haha, a bit harsh :P make me sound like a lazy sod !! lol. I think the first 2 weeks you posted the team before I got to it and after that I was like eh, whatlez is doing fine and left it up to you lol.

Ziplock

yeah, I probably don't give my assistant coaches enough involvement in the team...

that being said, I plan to get them heavily involved during the drafting :P

Justin Bieber

Lol scrads :P

Just play with it...  :D  ;D

PowerBug

Quote from: Ziplock on August 24, 2012, 03:04:51 AM
yeah, I probably don't give my assistant coaches enough involvement in the team...

Worlds prelims this week Zip, might need your help. :D (we actually have a chance :-X)

c4v3m4n

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,67115.0.html

Take a minute to read this everyone. My opinion on the future of these competitions. :)

Ziplock

Quote from: PowerBug on August 24, 2012, 09:39:02 AM
Quote from: Ziplock on August 24, 2012, 03:04:51 AM

Worlds prelims this week Zip, might need your help. :D (we actually have a chance :-X)
what? how are we still in it?!?!