Tried so hard to separate these options and still can't...

Started by LaHug, August 03, 2012, 06:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which trade option (read below)?

2 (18.2%)
6 (54.5%)
3 (27.3%)
Don't trade.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

LaHug

I have done maths, fears of injury, prices, personal opinions, etc. etc. and can't split these 3 trade options...

$45,400 in the bank, 4 trades remaining

1) This week: Broughton to Bell, Stanton to Boyd. Then: Ellis to Scotland/Waters. Leaves me with approx. $1500.
Pros: Gets Boyd now and leaves another week to choose between Scotland and Waters, don't have to field Gibson this week. Cons: Boyd's BE is 169, leaves me with less cash, have to field Ellis or Spurr this week.

2) This week: Broughton to Bell, Ellis to Scotland. Then: Stanton to Boyd. Leaves me with approx. $26.5k
Pros: Don't have to field Ellis/Spurr this week, nets the most cash. Cons: Scotland plays Sydney this week, have to field Gibson.

3) This week: Broughton to Bell, Ellis to Waters. Then: Stanton to Boyd. Leaves me with approx. $20.5k
Pros: Don't have to field Ellis/Spurr this week, Waters likely to ton up in Derby. Cons: Waters is injury/suspension prone, have to field Gibson.

Can't split them. Help?

Dave085

Tough one... Im kinda leaning towards option 3 at the moment... But i reckon you should exclude option 1 for now so that you can maximise cash in case another premo goes down, or you can make a luxy upgrade (more of a side swap) at the end of the season.

LaHug

I think the main reason I have option 1 still in there is because I love Boyd so much... But he is going to fall in price...
Also, if I could guess which of Ellis, Spurr and Gibson will score 100 (I'm sure that one will this week but probably only one), then it'd make things much easier :P

insano

I'd rather field Gibson than Spurr/Ellis.  Based on averages, Gibson = 80, Boyd = 115.  35 point differential plus the 169 B/E for Boyd = not worth the trade IMO.

Ps. Either Option 2 or 3 for me.  Waters/Scotland both solid options.

Dave085

Love Boyd too mate but save up to buy something special. Like you were taught when you were a little tacker!  ;D

LaHug

Any particular thoughts on Scotland vs. Waters other than the small price difference?
Leaning towards Scotland because I'm afraid Waters might miss (again) whereas Carlton will want to play Scotland to either go for finals or play out his (potentially) last season.

Kellogscrunchynut

Quote from: LaHug on August 03, 2012, 07:50:59 PM
Any particular thoughts on Scotland vs. Waters other than the small price difference?
Leaning towards Scotland because I'm afraid Waters might miss (again) whereas Carlton will want to play Scotland to either go for finals or play out his (potentially) last season.
Would take Scotland over Waters on durability.

LaHug

Despite the fact that I forgot to add the cash in my bank already to those sums (meaning I could do all those trades safely as well as a few other ones), the Bell and Scotland combo still looks the best so I have gone with that.

Next week, if Stanton is not back it'll be him to Boyd.
However, if he does return, I might leave him to see if a rest was all that he needed and bring in Beams to the forward line.
We'll see though.....

Thanks for all the thoughts, guys! Much appreciated!

sledgey7

2 or 3 are the same depending on your preferance over scotto or waters.
personally i would go scotland and i would have no dramas in fielding gibson.

Possumo

Hope your trades worked out mate (was personally more keen on option 2, even though I've had Waters from the start and he has obviously been good baring his injuries). Just traded in Scotland myself after doing the unthinkable and sidewaying Franklin to Fyfe in order to trade Broughton to Scotland... so annoying that there was no playing rookies in the forwards so I could have downgraded Hall instead, which I guess I should have just done ages ago...

Now, here's hoping Scotland smashes it and (in my case) Franklin doesn't return next week and Fyfe smashes it!

LaHug

Quote from: Possumo on August 03, 2012, 08:56:26 PM
Hope your trades worked out mate (was personally more keen on option 2, even though I've had Waters from the start and he has obviously been good baring his injuries). Just traded in Scotland myself after doing the unthinkable and sidewaying Franklin to Fyfe in order to trade Broughton to Scotland... so annoying that there was no playing rookies in the forwards so I could have downgraded Hall instead, which I guess I should have just done ages ago...

Now, here's hoping Scotland smashes it and (in my case) Franklin doesn't return next week and Fyfe smashes it!
I traded out Franklin the week he was injured. Every week he doesn't play is a bonus for me :)
Thanks!