Rolling Lockout - The 2 dimensional time/trade continuum

Started by Speculator, December 05, 2012, 02:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speculator

Do you guys realise that there is no longer any motivation to trade on friday night. In fact you will be disadvantaged by doing so.  In this new paradigm you will gain the optimum advantage by delaying your trade until the last poossible moment. This way you ensure that the player being traded in is not a late withdrawal. Plus if there is a late withdrawal to one of your players who was not going to be part of your original trade you can abandon your original plan and attend to the late withdrawal of the player who was not part of your original trade plan. All of this assumes that reversible trades won't be available after the first game commences as was the case in 2012.

So now you need to decide two things each week.
1. What are your trades going to be (Plan A)
2. When during the weekend will you make these trades? Remembering that the longer you delay your trade, the more chance you have of switching to a plan B.

The more you think about this the more there is to consider.

The rule is an absolute frickin joke.

kilbluff1985

felsty

I think there are a few unanswered questions with this whole rolling lockout situation..
Can we use our trades over the weekend or do try have to be in before Fridays game?
Likewise with our captains and vice captains, can they be changed around during the weekend?
This rule was brought in primarily to combat against the increase in late withdrawals over last year, but it is only hindering the game by allowing this rule to be abused in such ways that makes it unfair for others.
If your trades and captains had to be done by Friday it would take a lot of strategy and unfairness away from the introduction of the weekend rolling lockout

quinny88

Quote from: felsty on December 05, 2012, 07:20:39 PM
I think there are a few unanswered questions with this whole rolling lockout situation..
Can we use our trades over the weekend or do try have to be in before Fridays game?
Likewise with our captains and vice captains, can they be changed around during the weekend?
This rule was brought in primarily to combat against the increase in late withdrawals over last year, but it is only hindering the game by allowing this rule to be abused in such ways that makes it unfair for others.
If your trades and captains had to be done by Friday it would take a lot of strategy and unfairness away from the introduction of the weekend rolling lockout

+1 wouldnt have an issue with coaches being able to shift their own players around throughout the weekend but trades and captaincy still need to be locked out friday night

dmac07

You will be able to trade all throughout the weekend. Along with changing who is on the ground, emergencies, and Captain/VC at any stage. This is what makes it so hard.

Basically now, you should never trade on a friday unless the players involved in your trade are part of the friday night game. If both players you want to rade in/out, play on Sunday, you should wait untill 10 minutes before the Sunday game.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: dmac07 on December 06, 2012, 12:28:32 PM
You will be able to trade all throughout the weekend. Along with changing who is on the ground, emergencies, and Captain/VC at any stage. This is what makes it so hard.

Basically now, you should never trade on a friday unless the players involved in your trade are part of the friday night game. If both players you want to rade in/out, play on Sunday, you should wait untill 10 minutes before the Sunday game.

don't like that theory what if you go to make the trade 10 minutes before the game but something prevents you like the website being down your net or pc playing up or whatever reason imo do the trade when you decide and if you need to you can reverse it  it's much safer imo

Speculator

You won't be able to reverse it if the reversible trade rule operates like it did last year. Once the first game commences you cannot reverse any trades even if the players involved do not play until sunday. Dmac is right, you should trade at the latest possible moment.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Speculator on December 06, 2012, 12:52:14 PM
You won't be able to reverse it if the reversible trade rule operates like it did last year. Once the first game commences you cannot reverse any trades even if the players involved do not play until sunday. Dmac is right, you should trade at the latest possible moment.

i think you will be able to do them after rolling lockout next year but could be wrong

heard plenty of people complaining about not being able to complete trades before games last season due to site being so busy so i advise against it

Hawks_1976

The VC loophole has been well documented but in talking with a mate the other night, he brought the emergency loophole to my attention as well.

Let's assume you have the 'E' against someone who plays on a Friday night or Saturday, they have a blinder and score 120.
To make this score count, all that is required is a non starter on the ground  and you get the emergency score.

Its going to be a real mess next year.
Will be good to get some insight from the eventual overall winner and how the rule changes forced them to not have a life for the last 8 weeks of the season as they monitored every second being logged on to their team.

tbagrocks

As I have said, these people want you home, on your puter, spending any money they can get for them selves. Mark my word! It's all about these people trying to make more money!

dmac07

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 10, 2012, 10:41:24 PM
As I have said, these people want you home, on your puter, spending any money they can get for them selves. Mark my word! It's all about these people trying to make more money!

Exactly, all about advertising revenue! I can see it somewhat backfiring though. I work friday nights and sundays, and often like to go to the footy/pub on a saturday night. So I already can't compete so theres no where near as much motivation to log on 30 times during the week to play with my side when the only ones who can win are those who can stay on over weekends. Might seriously dent the amount of time people like myself spend on the site who are usually serious addicts.

Ringo

Quote from: quinny88 on December 06, 2012, 03:20:25 AM
Quote from: felsty on December 05, 2012, 07:20:39 PM

+1 wouldnt have an issue with coaches being able to shift their own players around throughout the weekend but trades and captaincy still need to be locked out friday night
This would be a great compromise with Captain and trades and emergencies locked at 7:40pm on Friday night or later if the Friday game is in Adelaide or Perth.  Would address most of the issues. Only loophole left would be moving the team around eg say an emergency scores 120 then you would have the option of moving a non playing non named emergency to take emergencies score. Would not happen that often and make the competition fairer especially for those who do not want to sit at PC's 24/7 watching movements.

Dudge

Quote from: dmac07 on December 11, 2012, 09:42:26 AM

Exactly, all about advertising revenue! I can see it somewhat backfiring though. I work friday nights and sundays, and often like to go to the footy/pub on a saturday night. So I already can't compete so theres no where near as much motivation to log on 30 times during the week to play with my side when the only ones who can win are those who can stay on over weekends. Might seriously dent the amount of time people like myself spend on the site who are usually serious addicts.
Quote from: dmac07 on December 11, 2012, 09:42:26 AM

dmac, you have just posted, almost word for word, the way i feel. Especially the motivation aspect, and being addicted, thirty times a week bit, but as u correctly stated, this rule makes it unfair to some, and a leg up to others. It sort of feels the rug's been pulled out from under my feet, considering i loved this game, playing people all over the country on our merits. How things will / have changed is sad

Ringo

Posted in other posts as well - As a fan and Lions member I will attend 11 home games and for these games will not have the opportunity to amend - Do not have Ihones but if I did there are some dead spots at the Gabba as there are at other grounds,

Stupid rules but as I said in a couple of posts above if a couple of loop holes are closed then i can work with it.  Will not be able to take full advantage but in having loop holes closed may have minimum significance over the season.