MOTO GP - Six in a row for Stoner?

Started by McRooster, October 19, 2012, 12:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McRooster

Me and the Rnd18 lads will be heading to Phillip Island next Thursday for what we hope will be the Ultimate swan song for Casey Stoner.
Tickets at Lukey Heights, accommodation within walking distance of the track, look out Victoria!

*photo's to follow 8)

valkorum

That should be awesome viewing from Lukey Heights.  Just remember to take wind proof jackets - the wind is FREEZING on the island (I went in 2008). 

It will be a big ask for Stoner to win this year.  He wasnt supposed to race on the weekend but he still did - I wonder how sore he will be from that.  That being said, no-one knows the track like Stoner (not even Rossi) and he always prepares a bike that is perfectly suited for the island.

BratPack

valkorum

Quote from: BratPack on October 19, 2012, 11:29:39 AM
I hope he falls off, the whiner  ::)

He has always been a whiner - even when he was in 125cc. 

McRooster

Gotta work out how to get my i5 panograph shots in here, might have to wait until I get home.
Stoner on fire, hanging that rear tyre out further and longer than any other rider over Lukey Heights.
Spies tweeted @ CS27 that sometimes the other riders just sit back and scratch their heads at what Casey does on the Island.  8)

Windigo

I went there yesterday, Stoner looked in good form. Hoping he wins on Sunday.  ;)

tbagrocks

Great again Casey well done Mate, he has just owend Phillip Island!

Torpedo10

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY STTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D  great win.  :)

AFEV

Well done Casey. :)

Good to see he did it, but suspect Lorenzo wasn't trying his hardest to close the gap either!

Torpedo10

Quote from: Sid on October 28, 2012, 07:18:06 PM

Good to see he did it, but suspect Pedrosa wasn't trying his hardest to close the gap either!
Lorenzo you mean I suspect, Pedrosa fell off first few laps and Lorenzo had WC in the bag.

AFEV

Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 28, 2012, 07:29:53 PM

Good to see he did it, but suspect Pedrosa wasn't trying his hardest to close the gap either!
Lorenzo you mean I suspect, Pedrosa fell off first few laps and Lorenzo had WC in the bag.
Ha! That'll teach me for getting bored and switching off after 1 lap... :P

Torpedo10

Quote from: Sid on October 28, 2012, 07:31:44 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 28, 2012, 07:29:53 PM

Ha! That'll teach me for getting bored and switching off after 1 lap... :P
LOL how'd you get bored? Very close at the start.

Capper

Well done Casey, but who will be the next Aussie star on the Bikes??

Torpedo10

valkorum

Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 28, 2012, 08:41:52 PM
Probably Arthur Sissis.

He certainly put his name up in lights with the Moto3 victory.  Then West grabbing 2nd in the Moto2.  First time since 1979 that 3 Aussies have been on a podium in all 3 classes.