Main Menu

Finals

Started by Cruiseon, September 04, 2012, 12:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cruiseon

It's been a bit stagnant in the Pies threads considering we've finished top four which at the start of the season we all would have taken. Could you imagine the crazy scenes if Essendon, Carlton or even Richmond achieved this!

BUT

No one is under any allusion that our form is where it should be and, having gone to the Essendon game (which was a horrible game) when I roll along to the G on Friday night it will be with passion and hope rather than confidence.

My question is, if Collingwood were to pull off a huge upset how would we do it?

Does Dawes play?
How do we set-up?
How do we stop Buddy & Cyril?
Does Blair come back in?
How can we win?

Cruiseon

the flying hawk

I think nathan buckley doen't know how to beat the hawks really but how do they stopthem block up the left side of the ground

ossie85

lol, love the Thorpe suits :)

Does Dawes play?
- Yes. Need a ruck

How do we set-up?
- Same as we have all year, can't change the plan now.

How do we stop Buddy & Cyril?
- Pray

Does Blair come back in?
- YES.

How can we win?
- By scoring more! Seriously though, it isn't impossible. Our midfield is the best in the comp.

This match reminds me a lot of the 2002 Qualifying final, when Port Adelaide were massive flag favourites and the Pies given not much chance.

I'm tipping the win. Bias? Probably. But the Hawks have lost plenty of matches they shouldn't have.

Ziplock

bring in mooney and play him on cyril.

not even joking, grow a pair collingwood.

fidou

Whoever wins this match will I hope lose to Geelong in the prelim and the loser if they make it to the prelim loses to Sydney or Adelaide.

Cruiseon

Quote from: fidou on September 05, 2012, 09:58:05 PM
Whoever wins this match will I hope lose to Geelong in the prelim and the loser if they make it to the prelim loses to Sydney or Adelaide.

It's ok, during finals we don't pay a lot of attention to supporters of teams who finished 10th or below.  ;)

For those interstate like Os looking for some good news. There are gale force winds here and a few showers to boot. At the very least it might bring it back to basics which is good for us....... although I still don' think it will be enough.   

fidou

Quote from: Cruiseon on September 07, 2012, 06:02:16 PM
Quote from: fidou on September 05, 2012, 09:58:05 PM

It's ok, during finals we don't pay a lot of attention to supporters of teams who finished 10th or below.  ;)

For those interstate like Os looking for some good news. There are gale force winds here and a few showers to boot. At the very least it might bring it back to basics which is good for us....... although I still don' think it will be enough.   
Definitely not trying to blow Carlton trumpet why would I just stating how I'd like the season to pan out.

ossie85

Admire the spirit, but the skill and discipline was pretty poor last night.

The last few minutes of the 2nd half was just about the most disappointing period of the series

Cruiseon

The spirit & game plan was good, some of the errors & decision making very poor.

Leaving Blair on Mitchell all night was not ideal. Hawks too good but I reckon a good side will expose them, beware the Kennett curse?

fidou

I think the only thing stopping the Hawthorn bandwagon is if Geelong manage to play them in the prelim. Then the cat curse will be on the hawks.

ossie85

Quote from: fidou on September 08, 2012, 08:24:58 PM
I think the only thing stopping the Hawthorn bandwagon is if Geelong manage to play them in the prelim. Then the cat curse will be on the hawks.

Not looking likely now... (Dockers 57 to Cats 23 half time)

Cruiseon

Ok this week it is the Weagles. It's do or die, we must win.

Jolly will do much better against the big guys & our mid-fielders will appreciate that. The early weather forecast looks ok so West Coast forward line will be big. Even without Maxwell I think we handle larger forward lines better than smaller ones but it will be a stretch when Cox and Nic Nat drift down forward.

My main concern is how we get our midfielders kicking goals again? Pendles, Beams, Frontbum, Swan all seem to have dried up a little.