Main Menu

Dropping the ball!

Started by tbagrocks, July 20, 2012, 08:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Is it just me or is this holding the ball rule, where the ball is dropped in a tackle has become ridiculous

FFS if the ball is dropped its holding the ball!! FU Demetreu

Justin Bieber

The throwing rule is out of the window.

valkorum

Dont get me started - this rule should be the only rule they look at in the off-season (ok, maybe the bench/sub rule as well).  It is a complete joke

Ringo

Quote from: valkorum on July 23, 2012, 05:12:11 PM
Dont get me started - this rule should be the only rule they look at in the off-season (ok, maybe the bench/sub rule as well).  It is a complete joke
+1 Valk This rule gets more confusing each week.

EZA100

agree! they need to look at the rule book and even the tribunal!

monstrum

Quote from: tbagrocks on July 20, 2012, 08:56:02 PM
Is it just me or is this holding the ball rule, where the ball is dropped in a tackle has become ridiculous

FFS if the ball is dropped its holding the ball!! FU Demetreu

Its crap isnt it. If there is no prior opp then all u hav to do "is look like your making an attempt" then ur fine no matter how the ball comes out.

I reckon all the F'in rule changes and technicalities just confuse the umps and make it to hard to umpire

Capper

what makes it worse is that every 20th time it happens they blow t for holding the ball. Why cant they always blow it

BB67th

Way too many inconsistencies with rules like this at the moment. AFL needs to get it consistent every week and realise that dropping the ball with prior opportunity is holding the ball.

PowerBug

They need to be less strict on this "prior opportunity" and "made no attempt" and actually go hard on people dropping the ball. (A drop is not a handpass) I'll go into umpiring solely to try and change something haha.

I've basically said the same as everyone else in different words :P