Main Menu

Umpiring tonight

Started by essendon2, July 13, 2012, 10:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tominator

Quote from: Rusty00 on July 18, 2012, 12:43:22 PM
Quote from: bunyip on July 18, 2012, 10:55:17 AM
Is it possible that because of the way footy is played these days and other issues such as health and safety are the rules getting to complex?
This is part of the problem. There are too many grey areas in the rules that rely on interpretations. Umpires will have different interpretations as to how a rule should be applied, just the same as everyone watching will have different interpretations. Combine this with the fact the AFL seem to want to change the rules or interpretations of the rules every year, it all just leads to confusion for everyone.

+1

Everybody talks about consistency, but in reality there is hardly any consistency between reportable offences because there are so many factors which can play a part making no two cases exactly the same.

I think the AFL should scrap the "points system" and even the MRP, and just let the Tribunal decide all cases in a statement, and base the outcome on common sense and past cases. If players wanna challenge, then the tribunal will sit and debate as it did last night, but if not then they can move on like most cases do.

bunyip

I tribunal system based on common sense? It would never work >:(
First of all, you'd have to find someone.

Tominator

Quote from: bunyip on July 21, 2012, 07:06:21 PM
I tribunal system based on common sense? It would never work >:(
First of all, you'd have to find someone.

pick me! pick me!!

nah it would probably still be biased