Leigh Adams

Started by bill1982, July 16, 2012, 11:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill1982

Will he be right for the remainder of the season?

Running very low on trades and I was hoping to not cop another injury.

If he is done for the season - is a trade to Sylvia a good option?

monstrum

monstrum

he's pretty tuff i'd expect him to play pretty important game, good news on petrie too :D

monstrum

Dear Member,

As luck would have it, I was the name pulled out of the hat to write the member's email this week.

I guess it's a good thing as there's lots to talk about after our win over Carlton on Friday night.

The boys are getting stuck into me for being a household name now following the Chris Judd tackle controversy but I'm happy to take it on the chin â€" it doesn't fuss me too much. I'd rather be known for kicking a good goal or playing a great game if I had the choice though!

I was interviewed a few times after the game and I am on the record saying that I hope Judd gets off and I still hope he does.  Sometimes you have moments on the field where you do something you immediately regret or have a 'brain fade' and that's all it was in my opinion.

I remember not knowing what was going on at the bottom of the pack and just feeling my arm being pulled backwards. It wasn't pleasant. Only after the game was I told what had happened and I was a little surprised to tell the truth.

The second hit I copped didn't help either but when you play a certain way, you have to be prepared to take some heavy knocks and it's important that you try your best to get straight back onto your feet.

I've had my scans on the weekend and the doctor said something along the lines of them being 'as good as we could have expected'. I'm not sure what that means exactly but I do know that I'm a chance to line up against Richmond and that's all I care about.

We've had a brief recovery session which included some bike and light running. I'm a little sore but the nine day break will serve me well I reckon. There's also a lot of attention on Drew Petrie as well and I know they're pretty confident he'll play too.  He was having a fair bit of work done with the physios today and stayed indoors after straining his adductor in a marking contest in the third quarter.

We've received the news that Jack Ziebell could be rubbed out for 3 or 4 weeks, depending on the tribunal result tonight. It makes things even more difficult if there's a couple of injuries and a suspension when we face Richmond at the MCG.

The good news is that we're are playing a really exciting brand of footy and we are winning games. In ninth position on the ladder, finals are there for the taking provided we don't drop off or lose focus.

The boys were thrilled to play in front of more than 46,000 fans on Friday and we hope you continue to come out and watch us play in the run home to finals.

Cheers,

Patchy (Leigh Adams)

HappyDEZ

I only have Gibson from NM but cheers for the post monstrum +1

Ziplock

you almost never hear a player actually say 'I hope that flowering dog cow gets what he deserves'. It's just not done lol.

monstrum

lol that'd be good to hear for once