Raise cash...then which final 2 upgrades - Dilema!!

Started by juddy5x3, July 16, 2012, 06:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which option do you think is best of these?

Downgrade Martin .... upgrade a defender and a ruck?
1 (12.5%)
Downgrade Martin..... upgrade a defender and Ebert or Rockcliffe (with Pendles)?
1 (12.5%)
Downgrade someone else apart from Martin who allows me to raise enough for 2 big upgrades?
6 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 19, 2012, 06:42:49 PM

juddy5x3

So my team is:

Def: Carrotts, Scotland, Goddard, Lids, Lake, suckling, Elliss (Shaw, Delaney)

Mids: GAJ, Boyd, Mitchell, Thompson, Rocky, Ebert (Sexton, Martin)

Ruck: Kruezer, Giles (Redden, Campbell)

Fwds: Buddy, Chappy, sidebottom, Beams, Goodes, Dangerfield, Zorko (Hampton, Milera)

3 trades and $44k in bank. I am not looking to do these trades now, but got to start thinking about it for finals.

My dilemma is I will use a big name (probably Martin) to raise cash. I definitely need a back and ruck (will be short a full team by unfortunately whatever happens). Should i focus on a defender and a ruck or should i focus on a defender and Pendles instead?

I won't do this for a few weeks as Martin covering Buddy this weekend and may need him just yet for a while.

Will cheer.

Thanks

HappyDEZ

I would hang on to Martin he gives you good MID & FWD cover. I would look to downgrade Milera before he plays his next game so he doesn't go down in price. Probably to Couch. This should leave around $200K to upgrade Giles & Ellis to a $400K ruck & a $400K back (roughly). If Milera is not named I would hold until either a) he is named or b) Couch is named on the bubble. Good Luck.

henry

Well you have 6 mids who could be categories as premiums, so I woild avoid getting pendles. I think getting cox and/or maric is vital, any good team has 1 if not both of them. I'd say Martin is the one to downgrade of those bunch, although i think he will score well in the next few weeks as he has a point to make to his teammates. Downgrade him for Clifton maybe next week, then get maric or cox for giles or if you want kruzer. Then not sure how much you'll have left, but according to my approximations you'll have around 410k to spend on ellis' replacement.

MLS

Quote from: HappyDEZ on July 16, 2012, 07:21:17 PM
I would hang on to Martin he gives you good MID & FWD cover. I would look to downgrade Milera before he plays his next game so he doesn't go down in price. Probably to Couch. This should leave around $200K to upgrade Giles & Ellis to a $400K ruck & a $400K back (roughly). If Milera is not named I would hold until either a) he is named or b) Couch is named on the bubble. Good Luck.

+1

henry

The only problem I see is that really the rucks that you want are 480k in maric and cox. If you get one of them, then you have 320k to spend on a back. I think a good choice is yarran, who has a 3 week average of 86 and looks to be back in form. This woild be better then then original option I suggested I think as you do get qualoty cover in martin should there be a LTI

HappyDEZ

Quote from: henry on July 16, 2012, 07:40:04 PM
The only problem I see is that really the rucks that you want are 480k in maric and cox. If you get one of them, then you have 320k to spend on a back. I think a good choice is yarran, who has a 3 week average of 86 and looks to be back in form. This woild be better then then original option I suggested I think as you do get qualoty cover in martin should there be a LTI
I would agree with either that approach or take a risk with a Jacobs or McEvoy & a slightly better back. But if you were to try & get a decent cheaper back to allow a super premo ruck I think Yarran is an excellent suggestion.