Season over for Williams

Started by Ricochet, July 10, 2012, 01:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/141015/default.aspx

COLLINGWOOD youngster Marley Williams will miss the rest of the season after being booked in for shoulder surgery on Wednesday.

The 18-year-old, who made his debut in round eight against Adelaide and has played every game since, hurt his shoulder in Friday night's 23-point loss to Carlton at the MCG and requires a season-ending operation.

"It's unfortunate because it takes away unlimited possibilities for the end of this year but he'll make sure he gets that right and set himself for his next crack at it, which will be after a full pre-season next year," coach Nathan Buckley said on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, Buckley said vice-captain Scott Pendlebury was a chance to face Geelong on Saturday night but would need medical clearance later this week.

Kellogscrunchynut

Even though he would only take my field in chaotic circumstances, this is not good.

Mr.Craig

Well, I just needed him to play through the byes so that worked out. Would have been nice to have him at least on the park though...

As for Pendles..FFS. >:( He better repay my faith when he (eventually) comes back. Surprisingly 23% of teams still have him so a lot of people chose to hold during this period.