at what stage of the season are sideways trades acceptable?

Started by fever, July 09, 2012, 01:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

when is that green grass too hard to overlook?

never, don't be stupid
1 (5.3%)
for the grand final
1 (5.3%)
anytime during finals
15 (78.9%)
1-2 weeks before final
1 (5.3%)
bout here on out
1 (5.3%)
anytime (*cough* lol stanton bandwagon *cough*)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

fever

so we all think about our "ideal" team to win our leagues, usually that comes with some notion of sideways trading (for example, i think i will wait until finals for NDS to get his shower together, or else he'll turn into sam mitchell. similar situation with sleeping beauty dustbin).

usually the consensus is that it is stupid and a waste of trades early on in the season (i have advocated this strongly), but when push comes to shove if you have a couple of trades up your sleeve you might as well pull the trigger.

thoughts?

SydneyRox

Finals for me, thats where you can pick your game, check the opposition and work an advantage, which is why you have the trades held all season. Just dont forget to leave a trade or two for the GF.

dickitch

Agreed, as long as you have a 'complete' team and trades up your sleeve then go with your gut and get that player you think will win it for you.

The Bomber

When the number of trades left after the final team =  number of rounds left +1 (incl finals)

Eg: 8 rounds left for the season, if I had 9 trades left I may use one sideways

Disco DB

If your team is set, its just injury management until finals, then sideways.

charliesheen

I toyed with idea of trading Dustin Martin, but then I realised its probably more efficient getting another forward.