Second ruck

Started by Perthwildcat, July 09, 2012, 01:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perthwildcat

Hey guys.

Am looking to upgrade my second ruck (Giles) and already have Cox, I can afford anyone.  I am thinking Mullet but can he keep it up?

Thoughts?

Capper

Goldy, Jacobs or Maric would be ok. Derrickx could take some rucks off Maric as i cant see the tigers resting him

FonFatty

I am also looking at a 2nd ruck however I have a budget of $460k.
I am thinking of going left field with my 2nd ruck, someone that might start to rack up some serious points in the back half of season, that is Matty Kreuzer.
The blues have to win most games to make the 8 and IMO Kreuz will be an integral part of getting them there (if they get there). With Hampson gone for the season, I feel that Kreuz will have to work extra hard to get them over the line most weeks and with him doing the extra yards feel that he will reap the rewards in SC terms.
Not sure if Warnock will come back in straight away, he lacks intensity in the contest and IMO he is struggling at AFL level.

devize

Kreuzer is a dud, don't get him. Go the mullet

Danstar

troy87

Spinking

I like the suggestion of McEvoy.  Will largely ruck alone, generally scores well, and because of injury would be a quality pod.

Bones Bombers

I got Roughy in for Giles last week. That worked well!
I know he only got going when Buddy went off but I've been loving his game this year.

fever

enzedder

If you can afford anyone and have Cox get Maric simple.
My choice if I decide to upgrade Giles will be out of Ryder, McEvoy  or Jacobs. Have $514k to spend with Giles.

The Bomber

Quote from: Spinking on July 09, 2012, 09:56:32 AM
I like the suggestion of McEvoy.  Will largely ruck alone, generally scores well, and because of injury would be a quality pod.

Shh my special POD  ;)

So happy I got him over Mummy. Worth the extra 50 or so k

brownmans muffins

McEvoy I'd say - Maric as Plan B.
I think I'm stuck with Giles until (if I make) finals.

Rucks seem to be getting like running backs in NFL Fantasy - i.e. fewer and fewer workhorses and more and more job-shares.

fever

what has mcevoy done so far this year to make you guys say that? or are you just hoping/assuming he can find some of last years form?

The Bomber

Quote from: fever on July 09, 2012, 01:25:27 PM
what has mcevoy done so far this year to make you guys say that? or are you just hoping/assuming he can find some of last years form?

Well yeah you kinda hope all the players you trade in either find form or maintain it. He looks good coming back from injury. Massive 130 last week followed by 108 this week. Also finals run: Melb - Geel - GWS - Carl , 3 of which don't have a standout ruckman (counting Jamar as standout...)...

No Freo, North, Rich, Ess, WCE who have the nullifying ruckman.