The Broughton to Dempsey chestnut

Started by enzedder, July 08, 2012, 08:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enzedder

Has the tide turned?
I was one who made the trade back in R3 and with hindsight wish i hadn't but the last 3 weeks has been encouraging from my perspective.
Dempsey...85, 99, 100
Broughton...74, 71, 50(to be finalised)

Spinking

Dempsey looking good of late. I reckon he still looks a bit injury prone, but the Dons love getting it in his hands. Going back might be a bit too sideways for my liking though...

Marcon

Ive got them both, and they have both been largely up and down at stages, but I think that Broughtons new role as a forward has effected his scoring quite substantially. Hopefully it picks up soon though  :(

LF

Yeah Broughton can't help that his spud coach plays him out of position

EZA100

haven't really watched brought on before is he even playing good?

HotTiges

Quote from: luvfooty on July 08, 2012, 08:31:29 PM
Yeah Broughton can't help that his spud coach plays him out of position

unfortunately for us fantasy players Broughton plays the fwd 'tag' role position very well and as he has been squeezed out of the mids..

ScottieD

Quote from: Spinking on July 08, 2012, 08:27:38 PM
Dempsey looking good of late. I reckon he still looks a bit injury prone, but the Dons love getting it in his hands. Going back might be a bit too sideways for my liking though...

When u make $228,300 on a trade and they go on to score similar points - it's not exactly sideways - can't help the immediate injury 10mins into 3rd round when we made the trade & he scored 6, but it's turned out to be a marginal win - when it was considered to be many peoples worst trade of the season... that's a big turn around - i had faith  ;).

< Round 3 trade:
OUT   Broughton ($502,100)    IN   Dempsey ($273,800)

< Round 16:
Broughton = $414,000
Dempsey = $388,400

Since Dempsey came back from injury he's averaged 80.67 - in the same weeks Broughton has averaged 86.11.  I'd sacrifice 5.44 points per week for 228.3k.  Broughton scored very well in weeks that Dempsey was out however.

But now the outlook is not great for Broughton with Fyfe coming back and playing up forward.  Outlook for Dempsey is good.